testmy scores!

ROM-DOS

ROM-DOS : The 4 wire phone cable is pretty basic usually R,G,Y,B for colors the Y&B are dead wires Unless you have 2 incoming phone lines on that jack then the Y&B will be connected in the NID & the jack.I doubt your are conected to the back of the inside jack or outside in the NID.usually only the Red & Green are connected .If you have a 2 line telephone then the one jack with 4 wires work on that.I  think in modem bonding(shotgunning) the connection would be with a 2 socket wall jack & a seperate cable for each modem.If you install new cable try to get twisted pair type.

I will give you the Hyperterminal location in ME see if its close in XP.First you have to install it .Its already in your OS at least in ME.go to Control Panel AddRemove programswindows setupCommunicationsHyperterminal if its there check it.You might have to reboot.Then it should be where netmasta  said once its installed.

In your E; drive do you have Dial-up Networking, then Network & modem in the control panel ,also do you have network neighborhood?

.In dial-up networking there is a make a new connection in the connections drop down  in ME this is not called 'Network Connection Wizard'  I think I have a program called 'Internet Connection Wizard ' but it is different than the drop down.I have forgotten exactly how to do this but I think you have to go into network & reinstall the TcpIP protocals.

ROM-DOS;Hyperterminal is an old technology I guess it is possible to connect & do some communication with it.I use it for its modem diagonostics.If you have it I will give you the way to get the diagnostics .I posted a test that dials a telsink but found out it is only for a 5 state area that I'm in.Your phone co could have a simular telsink but getting the test phone number from mine was hard.This is not the only test though.I mainly use it for a graph it has where each drop is a load coil & this shows me they are working if the drop is severe there is a problem with the load coil & I would need to report it to my telco.

The S10= (0 to 255) is really for the phone connection if their is a loss of signal on the line because of weather , heavy load,noise ,etc not to work as a hold.

The first thing you need to do to receive the incoming call is find out if your ISP supports V.92 modem standards mine doesn't so I couldn't use the call on hold or caller ID functions .My modem has it's own setting window that came with its program to turn off the modem on hold so it works without it.

I think that uninstalling the TcpIP protocals(on E: Drive)& then re-installing them might work.Or it could be in the dial-up adapter you would do this from control panel network.Because somewhere it has lost some data this might put it back.

This is from the AT Commands for my modem they might not work in yours.I tried to find one specific to your modem but I didn't have enough information this" PCI SoftV92 Modem" is not enough.

Enable Caller ID Detection and Select Reporting Format

This command enables or disables Caller ID recognition and reporting in any mode.

Parameters: n = 0, 1, or 2

Default: 0

Result Codes: OK n = 0, 1, or 2

ERROR Otherwise

Command Options:

#CID? Return the current setting (0, 1, or 2)

#CID=? Return the message, "0-2"

#CID=0 Disables Caller ID

#CID=1 Enable formatted Caller ID reporting of SDM (Single Data Message) and MDM (Multiple Data Message) packets. 

#CID=2 Enable unformatted Caller ID reporting 

cholla ; guess what ~ I'm comin' at ya from my E:/ Drive ~ WOO HOO!!

man, I spent all night in safe mode trying to figure it out ~ I was in and out of every nook and cranny ~ up and down the Registry  ~ going through every preformance log, manager ~ things I didn't even know I had ~ XP has one great Help and Support program w/ some neat tools.

well, I did un-install TcpIP protocals and reinstall - but I still couldn't get that darn Wizard to let me create a new connection ~ I did every kind of policy tweak I could figure.

man, I don't how or why ~ but all of a sudden my 'Dial-Up' connect window pops up and wow. so, I double check all the properties and settings and connect.

Guess where it was hiding?  . . .In my Internet Options folder ~ lol  under connections!!

sitting there all by it's self. . . .geez@laweez  :oops:

I'm gonna have to go ~ In the process of trying to connect all night ~ I've got every port open and I already got a warning from my AV  Oh, wow ..a lot of frickin up-dates from Microsoft.

BBL

ROM-DOS ; Sound like a hard hunt.I would have suggested Internet Options but I thought you probably didn't have a connection at all for the E: drive.Good to know for future reference.

These are the results of the modem information Hyperterminal gives me on my modem.

I don't know how to interpret all of them.Like the AT#UD results.

ATi3

PCtel HSP56 Modem 11.0300

OK

ATi4

PCtel HSP56 Modem Data/Fax/Voice/Speakerphone/V.80

OK

ATi5

V.92

OK

ATi^ 6

Build 0014

OK

ATi7

Default PTT profile

OK

AT&V1

PROFILE 0:

netmasta ; I've got 'Hyperterminal'  on my E:/ Drive.

check out ~ Registrar Lite ~

http://www.resplendence.com

Runs on: WinXP/Win2000/NT/ME/9x  ...and it's free!

It allows cutting, pasting, copying, and moving of keys and values as if it were Windows Explorer. It has extensive search and replace capabilities, a bookmark editor that optionally colors bookmarked keys and adds key descriptions, flexible value editors that allow importing data from files.

Editors allowing you to set registry key permissions, auditing and ownership have been added.

Registrar offers a powerful tool to search the registry or a specified key for text occurrences, binary data or regular expressions. Matching items can optionally be replaced with other text, deleted, or exported to a registry file. offers the feature to quickly compare the contents of two registry keys to check whether their contents are the same