Strange noise in the phone

Lauvie

Hello, I have some problems with my new ADSL connection,

http://www.diydata.com/projects/telephone_socket/telephone_sockets.htm

I'm in the series wiring situation. So what I have done to be able to use my broadband connection on the additional socket is just to put a microfilter between the additional socket and the wire that goes to my modem. It works very well but I lose my connection whenever someone uses the phone (which is plugged in the master socket, not in the additional one), and the real problem is that there is a really awful noise coming out of the phone :/

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Call your phone company and tell them there's noise/static on your phone  line. When the tech arrives to fix the noise, tell him the DSL disconnects when the phone rings, and ask him to check for a half ringer or other test unit on your line in the NID.

Call your phone company and tell them there's noise/static on your phone  line. When the tech arrives to fix the noise, tell him the DSL disconnects when the phone rings, and ask him to check for a half ringer or other test unit on your line in the NID.

:iamwithstupid: Pretty good answer. Thats exactly what Id do.

the problem is in the location of the filter.

colloquially it is called a filter when it should be more accurately called a splitter. the splitter/filter/widget needs to be on the line before any devices are connected, to seperate the pots from the dsl. what it does is prevent the phones/faxes/answering machines/whatever from putting any noise into the high frequency part of the spectrum the dsl uses and the dsl modem from putting any noise into the low freq spectrum the pots uses.

you are getting disconnects because while you are keeping the high freq stuff off the line with the filter/widget/splitter in front of the modem, the phone is completely unfiltered and bleeding crap into the dsl signal everytime it is used.