Packet loss while Gaming

Inde

I play Battlefield2. An online First person shooter. My ISP is Comcast.

Whenever I join a server to play I get packet loss and end up getting disconnected from the server. This usually only happens during the daytime. The hours from maybe 10am to 6pm. The rest of the time it is fine. I know its packet loss because I go into the command prompt and type in "ping www.comcast.net -t". Then I hop into the game and soon after I am in I get disconnected. I'll alt+tab out and see that I had about 3 or 4 lines of packet loss. I have called Comcast up multiple times and they have sent a tech over twice and nothing has been fixed. Is this  a problem on my end? I run a Linksys wireless router. I have tried hooking the modem straight up to my comp but I still get the same results so I'm thinking the router isn't the problem. I have my firewall off and my AVG virus detector off while I play. I have also virus scanned and spyware scanned.

What is causing this? Why only during the daytime? Any ideas? Thank you for looking.

i had a problem with comcast speed/disconnection for quite awhile, they sent out the same "tv" technician 3-4 times and he always said my signals look fine, then they tried to tell me it was a pc issue without ever looking at my pc. it was not a pc issue because i am quite an expert at the windows operating system and i knew it was a problem on the ISP side, finally they sent out a real tech who found the problem without EVER stepping foot into my house, something wrong at the pole now im making them give me 2 months free while my service was crap.

so the point of my story is call them and tell them to send out a real tech, not a standard tech he will get to the bottom of the problem, even if it is on your pc they will find it

The real question on this is are the packets that are going MIA on comcast's network.. or later in the tracert?  If they are later.. It isnt comcasts fault at all.. there is nothing they can do about someone elses network.

It sounds like the during business hours there is alot of traffic... which makes me think that the network were the game server is located could be intermixed with business class servers.  And during those hours the business servers have a higher priority for bandwidth..