Remove battery from an 'always plugged-in' laptop?

ZeroOne

can you do that my battery has to be in no matter what. But i really don't see what it would hurt  i don't think the battery is harmed in any way by being plugged in all the time. But the problem i had when i was doing the same thing was heat you should get a docking station with fans. Some are cheap like 25.00 up to 100.00 with extras like usb ports and what not. let me know if you find some hard facts that say yes no. It made all the difference with mine got temps down considerable got better performance a Good buy

There shouldnt be any problems with leaving the laptop plug in.. The newer batteries are smart and charge only when they need to.. most of the time the batteries are maintained at between 95% and 99%.. and they charge up to 99 and then discharge down..

I've had a few laptop batteries go bad with machines that were never used on battery for about a year or more.  The batteries eventually will develop a memory and charge the same amount of time for the short burst charge during normal operation on AC.  These were Inspirions from Dell.