Protocol: TCP

Source IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Destination IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Source Netmask: (I leave it blank)

Destination Netmask: 255.255.255.255----->By default

Destination Port Start: 6881

Destination Port End: 6889

Destination Port Map:

I've done the setting as above but my download rate still very sucks...less than 10KB/s. I am not sure whether i key in the right setting. Using Aztech DSL600E.

How to check it whether my port forwarding has done correctly?

Pls help. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Exactly, try the big and popular torrents like doom3 or hl2. You don't have to finish them, but they can be used to see if you are capable of getting more than 10 KB/s with BT.

There are ISPs that block the standard ports of BT, or limit them to 1 - 10 KB/s. Change the ports used for BT in the program itself (standard client sucks btw, BitComet or BitTornado are good options, but there are many more) and forward those.

Ya, should install it too... but I do know that you can get better download speeds when you download a popular torrent, as opposed to downloading it from just one person. That's my only gripe with DC++, speeds just can't be that high. Unless you find someone on a T3 line. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are useing Bit Torrent (or any other P2P sharein program), i would highly recommend useing a program called Peer Guardiian or something simular.  it might take a while to figure out how to set it up correcty but when you do, its almost 99.8% effective in preventing your ass from caught by the RIAA or whoever is looking for poeple who use the P2P networks.

there are only two things that are bad about this program:

1) when its loading the blockin data base it will take a while and use most of your CPU process until it finished

2)  it will block some legit sites, like abcnews.com, cnn.com, nws.noaa.gov, any military site or government site just to name a few

a plus to this, is that if your surfing the net, it will block some advertising and spyware sites

you can find the program http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tim.leonard1/pgupdate.htm?asdasd

Connection: Quickstart

Application: Bittorent

Protocol: TCP

Source IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Destination IP Address: 192.168.1.2

Source Netmask: (I leave it blank)

Destination Netmask: 255.255.255.255----->By default

Destination Port Start: 6881

Destination Port End: 6889

Destination Port Map:

I've done the setting as above but my download rate still very sucks...less than 10KB/s. I am not sure whether i key in the right setting. Using Aztech DSL600E.

How to check it whether my port forwarding has done correctly?

Pls help. Thanks

This is probably due to the fact you are using default BT ports, change them to something out of the range of 6881-6889. https://testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=890.0 Good luck and Merry Christmas.