Firefox Help

chronicl3z

Good morning fellas! Well to get to the point now, Ive been using firefox for as long as i can remember and recently ive updated to firefix version 1.5 beta 2 . So when i click on links that show videos, the video wont play. I click on the play button but it just doesnt play. Im not sure if it makes any sense to you guys but maybe this has happened to some of you. Are there any setting i can mess around with to get my firefox to play videos (wmv)?

Yeah 1.5 is still beta.. It could also be your system.. I would try and paste the url into wmp and see if works then.. My guess is that the intergration has not be completed yet on 1.5.. I will try it later this week and see if i get the same error.

to tell u the truth it used to work before, i hate to say this but i may have messed up some settings when i was tweaking my comp. Could've been some settings in Services and Applications under Computer Management. Under further investigation I found this out when i right-clicked Error Details. Someone please help :( ill try 1.0.7 untitled6lo1.png

Does the video play if the firewall is off? If so, then you may have blocked WMP from internet access.

I got a firewall and I have no problems playing videos from the internet even though I have blocked incoming and outgoing packets to WMP.. I play mine in the open windows and not in the media player.. Had no problem with IE or Firefox :)

It does work if i save it to my documents per say but you see i dont want to run the risk of turning off my firewall just to watch a video, know what im saying? I may have blocked WMP from internet access, any way i can unblock it? like where to go?

thanks in advance guys ! :D

It does work if i save it to my documents per say but you see i dont want to run the risk of turning off my firewall just to watch a video, know what im saying? I may have blocked WMP from internet access, any way i can unblock it? like where to go?

thanks in advance guys ! :D

Blocking WMP from accessing the internet would most likely be the problem. As raptors892004 said, what firewall are you using?

There might be a problem with your profile, since I think there's a problem between switching from 1.0.x to 1.5 beta.  Try deleting your profile. C://documents and settings/{user name}/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox

Try deleting that firefox folder and see if you can watch your movie.  Sorry if this doesn't help.