Cable Test (54492 kbps)

nyforever

www.10thmountaindivision.net/upload/speed.wmv

(edited to remove sound, and to compress)

There. I recorded what I did to get this score.

Reproduced below (if you cant read it on the video above):

Score is 54492 Kbps (about 54.5 Mbps)

Score is 54943 Kbps (about 54.9 Mbps)

Anyone care to explain...?

optimum online @ 55/55 ?  Sorry, not buying it :(

Somethings obviously wrong, since its taking so long to transfer you thru the tests, somethings getting cached and zipped thru quickly.  :?  Dunno man, its nice speeds, but undoubtedly not true. Cable is like 50/30 max on docsis 2 i believe ( correct me if I'm wrong)

I can't play the media file you attached... anyway, almost all false results will be fixed with the new patch I am currently scripting, little behind schedule because I was sick last week... but it should be applied fairly soon ;-) --- you will know when it's in place :-D

I've attached a copy of the video for all to see.

Like .s1 stated, something is getting cached during the long pause.

That is causing the results to just zip across.

Nyforever, if you want to see if those speeds are accurate, download this: [ftp=ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/pub/test64]ftp://ftp1.optonline.net/pub/test64[/ftp]

This is the OOL FTP test. Scroll to Step 4 to observe.

It's has a very fast ftp transfer with low latency. Allow the file to complete using Windows download manager (no accelerators like DAP, Get Right), and post a screenshot of the results. Don't forget to uncheck the box that closes the results upon completion. It will tell you your average transfer speed.

I had a similar test score/cache problem once on another isp. Even if i cleared cookies ect it would still test like it was cached. What I ended up having to do was after clearing cache and history, I had to refresh the IE browser on the testmy.net home page and then retest