Port Forwarding Help needed

sleepingking

I'm not familiar with Bit-torrent...yeah I must be a nazi of some sort...been playing with other crap these days.

Anyhow, I don't see why you would need to setup port forwarding for downloading on any type of application. By default, most routers allow a session to be built in a table so that solicited traffic can traverse the device.

Port forwarding comes into play with unsolicited traffic...i.e. a webserver. Where people on the outside of the router, contact your computer without you asking them to.

Whereas everyday communications:

your computer....requests www.google.com--->router makes a note: "The computer is asking for google.---->google receives request---->sends reply---->router...ok, this is from google, it was requested, it comes through---->your computer.

Read my tutorial it explains it all, first off DONT USE PORTS 6881-6889, DL BitTornado and set the ports to something high like 50,000-60,000 then forward THOSE ports NOT 6881-6889. If you need more help IM me, also make sure your windows firewall is disabled. Welcome to the forums. :D

heres a link to the turtorial. :D

http://www.testmy.net/forum/index.php?topic=890.msg8017#msg8017

edit :link corrected cholla

Read my tutorial it explains it all, first off DONT USE PORTS 6881-6889, DL BitTornado and set the ports to something high like 50,000-60,000 then forward THOSE ports NOT 6881-6889. If you need more help IM me, also make sure your windows firewall is disabled. Welcome to the forums. :D

https://testmy.net/forumz/viewtopic.php?t=890 heres a link to the turtorial. :D

ty shug ~ you tutorial has proven to be quite useful ~ write me more FOOL!

ty shug ~ you tutorial has proven to be quite useful ~ write me more FOOL!

:lol: No problem, I am in the process of writing several for cell phone apps, games, ringers and what not. Although I know a bunch about it there are many phones and compatibility issues I am trying to work out. This weekend I will get to banging alot of them out providing I dont have to pull alot of overtime. :D:D I have some others in the works I need to talk with you about before I get to far along. Im just really busy but I am putting alot into these. I want to get screenshots for them as well to help even further.

Thanks for the reply !

Dear Shug,

Pls advise as below:

1. After putting 50000 to port start and 60000 to port end, do i need to put anyting for Destination port map? or the system will select a port for you btw 50000-60000?

2. I cant access to router configuration with http://192.168.1.1 in my office pc. Any other way could access to it?

3. You said make sure windows firewall is disabled. So I go to right click My Network Places, properties, double click Local area Connection status, properties, Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), then click advanced, then uncheck Internet connection firewall. Am I considered done?

Thanks in advanced :D

Yes, that is correct for turning off the windows firewall. Now, I would try 192.168.0.1 in your browser to get to your router's config page. Make sure that you don't have any proxies enabled, as this will make it so that you cannot get to the router (Tools>Internet Option>Connections>Lan Settings>Make sure everything is unchecked>Ok your way out).

If this doesn't work, I would reset your router. Possibly you set an IP there that you don't remember.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply !

Dear Shug,

Pls advise as below:

1. After putting 50000 to port start and 60000 to port end, do i need to put anyting for Destination port map? or the system will select a port for you btw 50000-60000?

2. I cant access to router configuration with http://192.168.1.1 in my office pc. Any other way could access to it?

3. You said make sure windows firewall is disabled. So I go to right click My Network Places, properties, double click Local area Connection status, properties, Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), then click advanced, then uncheck Internet connection firewall. Am I considered done?

Thanks in advanced :D

The firewall is done, if you download bit tornado and set the ports it uses to 50,000start 60,000 end and set it to pick random ports then go into your router config and forward ports 50,000-60,000 you will be all set, be sure in your router config you forward the ports to the pc you are using BT on, check the tutorial I put this in step by step. As far as the router at work, the http://192.168.1.1 link here is my example for a linksys wireless G router, the config will be diffrent for diffrent brand names, the number I cited was just an example of my linksys wireless g. Tell me what router you have at work and Ill see what I can do. :D

Neither 192.168.0.1 nor 192.168.1.1 is working. Anyway, my office router is using cisco

Without setting the Port Forwarding, I tried to Bit Tornado and also failed

Failure reason is as below

Problem connecting to tracker <urlopen error(10600,'operation timeout')>

Any idea why is this happen?

An error like that will usually allow you to download at a later time, If it gives you a fatal error or tells you to redownload the torrent that is because websites protect their torrents and when other sites steal them and let people download them they will become invalid. Usuall this can be resolved by going to the website in the error message and redownloading the tracker. MXC is on then its off to bed, I will get back to ya tommorrow. :D:D

I am setting a new modem. and try to set my port forwarding. Before I can access to change my port forwarding, I was asked to enter my Ip address on LAN Client page to enter this setup. So when I click on LAN clients, I was asked to key in two things

1. New IP address:

2. Host Name:

I am not sure what to put in here. When i run my ipconfig in dos, there is one IP ADDRESS and one Default Gateway. So which one should i key in for the first item?

What to key in for Host Name? Where to get it from?

Appreciate advise here.

Thanks

I am setting a new modem. and try to set my port forwarding. Before I can access to change my port forwarding, I was asked to enter my Ip address on LAN Client page to enter this setup. So when I click on LAN clients, I was asked to key in two things

1. New IP address:

2. Host Name:

I am not sure what to put in here. When i run my ipconfig in dos, there is one IP ADDRESS and one Default Gateway. So which one should i key in for the first item?

What to key in for Host Name? Where to get it from?

Appreciate advise here.

Thanks

I would put in the IP Address you get in ipconfig, as for the host name Im not sure that is important, try using the name of your pc.

• 1 year later...