Keep sdsl or switch to comcast?

anox195

Should I keep my sdsl or switch to comcast??  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep my sdsl or switch to comcast??

• Keep sdsl!
    • Go comcastic

My current upload is...

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1083 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 132 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Wed Oct 19 09:39:10 CDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 19X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 7.76 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 97.63 % faster than the average for host (68.34)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-51MGK3CDY

The download is about the same, but, if i go comcastic I pay much less, also i got 6mbps/768kbps (plus i get some sweet cable tv deal)

Comcast will definitely hold its own.

It's cheaper, plus you get to watch TV on a great deal.

You won't notice the upload speed difference too much at all.

The only way you'd notice is if you went from like 2000Kbps or 1500Kbps to 768Kbps (upload).

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 966 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 118 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Wed Oct 19 13:36:06 EDT 2005

Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 8.68 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 176 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FLGIW5ROT

thats why i ditched optimum online for dsl cause it was horrible speeds anywhere from 600 to over 950 kb upload and 4500 to 9500 download and looks like it might be impossible to tweak from all the traffic.  optimum is supposed to be awesome but not here they arent so be careful cause i know that sdsl will charge you a disconnect fee if your contract is not up. 

hope you live in a small town if you get comcast

Trash them both & move into VanBuren's basement  lol  :evil6: :evil6:

hmmm...Comcast, despite its regional saturation issues, is definitly the better bang for the buck...not too far in the near future, i see *DSL services becoming extinct, as it can not compete with the speed, reliability & low cost of cable pipes.

-JxL

Trash them both & move into VanBuren's basement  lol  :evil6: :evil6:

hmmm...Comcast, despite its regional saturation issues, is definitly the better bang for the buck...not too far in the near future, i see *DSL services becoming extinct, as it can not compete with the speed, reliability & low cost of cable pipes.

-JxL

i doubt dsl will go out cause people with cable in populated areas will get horrible speeds and if everyone got cable there systems wouldnt even provide half the speed the do now with all the extra traffic.  it has to be there to provide more options for people who want more or are in bad areas where cable is over-populated and dsl is the better option like me. 

just as i always say ITS ALL LUCK what you can get and how its gonna be and there is no better between cable and dsl cause they are about even from what i see and fiber is the only better 1.

Stick with the sdsl.  Comcast just plain sucks.  I loose may connection everynight for about four hours (10pm-1am).  Numerous techs have been out but they can only come out up till 8:30pm.  So,  they tell me that there is nothing they can do.  Stick with the sdsl if it is stable.  Comcast is anything but stable.