Optimum Online

DJVageli

Hi, I just wanted to ask a question which i dont know if ull know the answer to but my family is planning on switching to Optimum Online from Earthlink and I will like to know what kind of package they offer because all they say on their site is 150x faster than dial up, but I will like to know it in speed not how faster it is? Anyone know about this, thanks

with optimum online, it doesnt matter which package you get, youll deffinatly be on a better connection. OO is one of the best ISP's avaliable for the price. A few people i know from new york ( brooklyn , queens and the stat. island) have OO , and their paying $40.00 for cable, and getting 10mb/s aka T1 speeds. I highly reccomend OO.

Hi' date=' I just wanted to ask a question which i dont know if ull know the answer to but my family is planning on switching to Optimum Online from Earthlink and I will like to know what kind of package they offer because all they say on their site is 150x faster than dial up, but I will like to know it in speed not how faster it is? Anyone know about this, thanks[/quote']

This is why i made the host stats bro!

https://testmy.net/host_stats.php?host=optonline.net&notboolean=1

That will show you a comparison of your connection VS optonline, keep in mind this is the average over their whole network but if you look at the top ten hosts.... https://testmy.net/host_stats.php?top_10=1 optonline is number one in speed :) for both download and upload -- they rule.

Hi' date=' I just wanted to ask a question which i dont know if ull know the answer to but my family is planning on switching to Optimum Online from Earthlink and I will like to know what kind of package they offer because all they say on their site is 150x faster than dial up, but I will like to know it in speed not how faster it is? Anyone know about this, thanks[/quote']

It also depends on what type of dialup they are talking about. 28.8k compared to 56k is twice as slow, and i know alot of isp's who compare themselves to 28k giving you a good impression upon them.

That about sums it up, thanks for the replies and the help I guess that makes my choice clear and my decision final D . Plus ive said it before and ill say it again, This site rulezzz!!

By the way what part of NY do u live at Reno? because there still might be a chance u can get it too, I heard something about that u can call them up and ask them to provide the internet for u eventhough I have Time Warner, I can switch to Cablevision

hmm i might wanna check to see if optonline comes near here. we pay 40 bucks a month for cox high speed 5mbps and testmy scores rule, but actually downloading isnt as good as it should be. lol CA3LE u should recommend to the higherups at cox to add extra email features cuz right now cox webmail sucks. (i know thats totally offtopic, but im too lazy to start a new thread, but not lazy enough to stop typing this increasingly pointless sentence :D )

hmm i might wanna check to see if optonline comes near here. we pay 40 bucks a month for Cox high speed 5mbps and testmy scores rule' date=' but actually downloading isnt as good as it should be. lol CA3LE u should recommend to the higherups at Cox to add extra email features cuz right now Cox webmail sucks. (i know thats totally offtopic, but im too lazy to start a new thread, but not lazy enough to stop typing this increasingly pointless sentence :D )[/quote']

haha.. yea that webmail blow monkey balls they won't do shit about it, haha