Pause-Type Browser Loading...

daygo140

I just got 4 Mbps DOWN and 384 Kbps UP cable and my tests are close or exceeding the advertised stats. I have a wireless network using a WRT54G. My PC hardwired to the router is very snippy, click instant load. My notebook (bought a couple months ago new) is wireless but it feels like the flash backs of DiRECWAY LONG PAUSE then LOAD.

I get this using FF or IE. I have the settings to where they should be (tools>internet options). What can get rid of the PAUSE???

Also, When I go to a membership sight that loads another window when clicking a link, I get the following error:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I DO NOT get the error using the PC that's hard wired to the router. Only when using my notebook via WLAN. I get that error no matter if I am using FF or IE on the notebook so I'm assuming I may have some setting that I overlooked wrong?

HELP PLEASE

Dump your temp files and cookies, try again:

For IE:

-click tools, click internet options

-click delete cookies, click ok

-click delete files, place a check where it says delete all offline content, click ok

-click ok

-close and reopen your browser.....you'll have to log into sites again

For FF:

-click tools, click options

-click the privacy menu

-basically click each entry, then click clear

-for cookies, make sure it is set to allow cookies