Weird problem cannot describe in subject

mike_pasara

Hi, lately my comp has been acting very strange. I wanted to play grand theft auto san andreas on ym pc and when I double click the icon it did nothign i sat there for a while and nothing came up. So what I did was right click and run as... and ran it under my login. Hooray! the game works... but i go to load my saved game and there is no saved games, i vreate a new one but saved it under the 3rd slot because i had saved games under 1st and 2nd. when i went to go play the game it was default settings which i find weird. I exited the game after being tired of playing it and noticed that my backgroudn was gone. i decided to further investigate my computer, I can't open the Sims2 on my desktop. i did a system restore back to the time it was workign properly. still nothing, i go to uninstall the game in control panel then add/remove programs. GTA nor the Sims are there. I go to start menu where GTA is and i choose the uninstall feature and it just reinstalls the game with no cd's... something is deffinitly up... i checked for spyware and i used hi jack this but i don't see anything bad on it... what to do now i don't know

lol yah too bad i don't have one are there any free ones out there that do a good job without killing my computers ressources?

I am administrator, I have it setup so i have to log in with a passwork to get on my computer at login screen to keep nosey people out of my stuff

Never seen a error like that before. Run Crap Cleaner and RegCleaner. After that if it is still happening try a system restore to before this started happening, and if it is still happening try a windows repair. If it is still going on i would just format and re-install windows.

reformat it is

i can wait a month before i get my laptop tho, it's not like i need these games to live. I should be doing school work instead. Anyways i guess it just comes to show that anythings possible with windows. I've tried system restores and nothing happens. It has to be the craziest error i have ever encountered