Re: A few tips for new Comcast users

Have you got banned some place and would like to change your IP address?

It's very simple, change your MAC address (only last 2 letters), restart your pc, modem (do a power cycle) and you've got yourself a new IP.

Step 1: (If you know how to find out your MAC Address, skip to step 2)

Start > Run > cmd

When command prompt appears, type in 'ipconfig /all'

Physical Address is your MAC Address.

Step 2:

System properties (right click on My Computer, properties) > Hardware > Device Manager > Find you network adapter and go to its properties.  Go to Advanced and click on Network Address, check next to the empty box and write a new MAC Address. *Make sure you enter your new MAC address without hyphens or spaces.

Mine was professionally installed (when it first cam out, so I have no idea what's on the CD. I'm guessing it leads you to the Comcast "setup" web site. I have no Comcast software installed on my computer.

Comcast's monkeys being called professionals is scary,

I would NEVER let any of their toads touch my pc, routers, or any other equipment, they can handle their lines etc... but keep their hands off my stuff.

and about rebooting stuff  for a new IP, I have had the same IP address for a few years with comcast now... even changing speed teirs, i've kept the same IP,

ONLY time it changes... is IF i were to move.

and about rebooting stuff  for a new IP, I have had the same IP address for a few years with Comcast now... even changing speed teirs, i've kept the same IP,

ONLY time it changes... is IF i were to move.

If you need to change it, give it a try using my tip.  I've done it a million fucking times

• 1 month later...