Just like to let future Charter customers know..

BrandonW

If you will look at the original post it was made 5 years ago. I hope that things could be fixed after 5 years!

Im aware of that, I have been a member of these forums for 4-5 years.

Nothing was ever "broken", therefore nothing needed to be fixed. Charter has always been a dependable provider (at least in my area), they were just really slow in comparison to other camble companies. I was just making an observation that duing the past year, that hasn't been the case so much anymore, they are much more competitive now in the markets they service

• 1 month later...

Im aware of that, I have been a member of these forums for 4-5 years.

Nothing was ever "broken", therefore nothing needed to be fixed. Charter has always been a dependable provider (at least in my area), they were just really slow in comparison to other cable companies. I was just making an observation that during the past year, that hasn't been the case so much anymore, they are much more competitive now in the markets they service

This person may have posted 5 years ago, but I am currently having the same problem with Charter. My connection is totally unreliable, and after several calls and visits, they still can't fix it. Very frustrating!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1420 Kbps about 1.4 Mbps (tested with 4096 kB)

Download Speed is:: 173 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2010-07-13 16:41:54 GMT

Bottom Line:: 25X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.92 sec

Tested from a 4096 kB file and took 23.633 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 25.79 % of your hosts average (charter.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6IKBWP9NC

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) [!]

Bottom line, you have to contact corp office and stay on them!.

They will either have the problem fixed or lower your payment until it has been fixed.

I have had this same connection issue, took me a while so I had called in the Better Business Bureau

to help. But it did pay off in that they gave me a better package and lower bill (while they fixed the problem).

It did take them a couple of months but they did fix it. Local techs have never been no help to me (19 years online),

it's always been in house trouble when something goes wrong and local offices are helpless.

( this has been my experience in the 3 cities & 2 states I've lived in)

• 1 year later...

I called them a few days ago about something and the guy wanted to sell me on renting their modem, which I declined. After listening to him for about 5 minutes and not even doing anything about why I called I told him thanks for your help and I hung up. I always got my problems fixed by calling their tech support before. I still like charter and will not change providers. Untill that guy I always had good tech support and I like the overall service I get. I hardly ever have any issues with them.

• 1 year later...

I think your bash is a bit behind the times psycodad. That post you replied to was 4 years old.. icon_smile_lachuh.gif

I gave up my dsl and directway for Charter long ago.. I have no problems with Charter..

You're one of the lucky ones. Charter believes in the zero maintanace policy. Don't fix it until it is "clearly broke". Everytime I have called I get the same line:: unplug router, unplug modem power, unplug cable, wait 30 seconds replug. So what -- that does not fix bad connections. Charter is never at fault... if this small coastal town had a choice I would use it. Tech support is bad, redundant, and solves nothing. Additionally they over sell bandwidth, after 5:00pm try a speedtest. I pay for 30Mps down but looking at modem I'm partioned to 20Mps which I very seldom have access to.