UP Arrow - Stand By

Mr. Hahn

When I tap the up arrow on my keyboard, my computer goes into "Stand By" mode. This could have something to do with me spilling water in it a week or two ago, but most of it went in over where the a, s, z, x, etc. buttons are. Some of the letters over there typed double and triple each time I hit them. Once I let the water evaporate for a few days, everything was back to normal. I'm really not sure if it started before or after the spill seeing as how I don't use the arrow keys too often. I'm wondering if there's a setting or anything that needs to be disabled or changed to make it stop this. I'll borrow a friends keyboard tomorrow to see if it's a hardware or software issue. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Any liquid is not a keyboards best friend. You can try popping the keys off to see if there is any residual water still left there, but other than that I can't really help you.

I'd suggest you just go and purchase another one and trash this one. I've gone through a few that way. Have since learned not to drink near the computer... :lol::lol: yeah, sure.... :wink:

Have since learned not to drink near the computer... :lol::lol: yeah' date=' sure.... :wink:[/quote']

Lol, I tell myself that all the time, but it's just too much of an inconvenience. I have one of those big 2.5 gallon jugs of water with a little red disposable cup sitting on the stereo stand right next to me.

Anyway, yeah, I'll probably just get a new one. I've had this one for 3+ years now. It would be easier to do if it wasn't just that ONE freakin' key. It's just too annoying though when your typing something and press your up arrow. :evil:

:lol::lol: playing my game, playing my game... using the up arrow to move forward... you hit and WHAT!!!!!! Your computer is going into standby mode.. Standby.... :shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol: yeah I can see how that would be a BIG inconvenience..

keyboards are cheap now a days, just like mice or meieces or whatever..