Setting up surround sound...

Bird Fan

Okay, I'm looking to get a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup in my room. I want to put one in each corner (4). How and where can I get more cable for the speakers? (or do I need more cable? My room isn't super large.)

These are the ones I'm looking into getting:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121118

Thanks.

Okay, I'm looking to get a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup in my room. I want to put one in each corner (4). How and where can I get more cable for the speakers? (or do I need more cable? My room isn't super large.)

These are the ones I'm looking into getting:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121118

Thanks.

I'm not taking anything from Logitech because I'm using the Z-5500 Digital setup myself, but there are quite a few more brands with 5.1 surround that offers more bang for your buck, and fits what you're looking for.

I would go with one of these: PHILIPS MMS460 5.1 Speaker - Retail or YOMMO SP-DHT918C 5.1 Speaker - Retail

Both are still well under $100 and offer more wattage with nice reviews.

Only one person with the PHILIPS setup complained, but it was over something minute. He should have known better about the sound card.

The YOMMO setup has a 5 star user rating, which says alot more than just random voters not posting what their issues are.

As far as getting the speakers setup how you described, it all depends on the connections that you'll have available.

If you buy a setup that has the standard speaker wire which is already spliced and connects to the back of the speakers/sub through the red/black audio jacks, you could just as easily purchase better, longer wire without hassle.

On the other hand, buying a setup that uses an RCA standard will require an extra item or two. This is because the wire connected to the satellites will be internal. The other end would connect to the sub via RCA input/output. If the wires at the back of the satellites are not internal, then they would have the red/white RCA jacks. Either way, you would need to purchase Audio Cable Couplers (female-to-female) and additional RCA Audio Cables.

Audio Cable Couplers provide a durable and secure connection to your RCA audio cables without soldering or crimping.

Advantages

remember when comparing watttage that there is sine, music and pmpo. sine is the most difficult test fo amp/speaker, sinc it is a continuous sine wave, putting highest load on components constantly. music approximates the load by music, difficult to compare manufacturer claims since they can define music to suit them, worst data is pmpo. that stands for peak maximum power output. in plain english, the bang the speakers make when they are completely overloaded.

well, once you poke into that price range you can always look at the bundles the major retailers put on sale every so often that include a dvd player, amp and speakers. there's usually some good kits around 300 bucks, and if you have an spdif output in your box that you can pump the surround sound through then you can usually hook that up to those.