TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3d

click START to begin

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 1.80Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 15.48Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 10 Mbps Ethernet subnet

click START to re-test

fastest yet! :)

well i'm in nyc and cant get it yet and this is basically the biggest city in the us but its only here in non-populated area's out on long island and some other parts.  i can get a crapload of dsl services, T-1 and i can also get a T-3 or OC-3 to my door but cant get fios, thats weird.

Stupid internet :biggun:

I am soooo confused.  :whaa: One computer in the house shows 9.8, two 15.1 and the other shows 32.1 mbps.  :haha: Naturally the youngest in the house (15) has the 32.1.  :roll: Does anyone know why there is such a difference?  FIOS is the bomb except the remote garage door openers and the Homelink don't work most of the time. :evil6:

. . .the strangest thing here in Western Washington is that they finished laying fiber optic cables everywhere(I mean EVERYWHERE - all the way to BFE) 5 years ago, yet we have no FIOS provider, only Comcast.  ~  Verizon - get your @ss up here!!!

. . .thanks kris . . .I mean, nice  ~DeathMetal~  yummers!

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.3.3d

click START to begin

Another client is currently being served, your test will begin within 45 seconds

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 1.85Mb/s

running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 15.49Mb/s

The slowest link in the end-to-end path is a 10 Mbps Ethernet subnet

click START to re-test

done at 3:33am PST

Well hell  ,  30Mbps / 5 Mbps  Verizon FIOS has now went down from $179  to $ 55.  Its gonna be about  3 months  till its probably available in my area. That is if BALTIMORE CITY  :angry5: decides to let Verizon put  in the Fiberoptic cables underneath the streets.  You know  how much  Colleges  , Local , State, and Federal  Buildings  need fast internet.  I'm currently at 1 of the 3 campuses  at  CCBC (Community College of Baltimore County) and  at my college,  about  15,000-20,000 students  at  my campus  ALONE !  Out of all 3 Campuses  ,  about  70,000-75,000 students  and  the college  runs on if  I can get it right    Comcast  FIOS    (10Mbps+)    WHEN  THERE  ISN'T ANYONE ONLINE ! During my classes  ,  I can only  receive  around 600Kbps.  So Verizon  needs FIOS here in Baltimore City/County  because my internet is somewhat lame also  :-P 

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2826 Kbps about 2.8 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Download Speed is:: 345 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Tue Nov 8 22:00:10 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 50X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.97 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 65.95 % of your hosts average (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-H2MKQOAFN

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 651 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 79 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Tue Nov 8 21:53:21 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 12X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 12.96 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 10.53 % faster than the average for host (verizon.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-2SAE36G7V

Is that fiber lit or is it just Dark Fiber, maybe its for comcast's backbone. so many possibilites with fiber, honestly.

I don't know, really ~ but I do remember Comcast people laying it in the ground everywhere, 'cause I watched them one time asked a few questions ~ but not the right ones, I guess. . .more about how they were connecting the links together, I think.

. . .maybe they own it,  but aren't ready or can't use it ~ anti-trust laws? why sell it to a competitor?

They already are monopolizing Broadband and cable TV here!  ~ lol