Can't Get Sound Working, Device Not Detected.

al244

I finally got my Windows XP working, as in I didn't activate it the proper way if you know what I mean. :D Ok, but now I can't get my sound card working. I just came back from the computer store with a brand new set of speakers, thinking that if I just plugged them in, it would detect my sound card. Well it didn't. I most likely need drivers for my sound card, but I don't know what it's called since it's built-in and stuff, and I forgot. I'm pretty sure it's there since it worked before the reformat, and if wasn't I would have nothing to plug my speakers in to :lol:. Can anyone help me out?

Go here and download Everest : EVEREST Home Edition v2.20

Scroll down to accept the agreement.

Open the program and click on computer then summary. It will give you all info you need. :)

You can go straight to the download site through the program (see screenshot). If not, at least you'll have the name of the device. :)

Hope this helped.

Neat little program there. Ok it's an SiS 7012. Thanks a lot. :D Oh and by the way, nice specs.

Very welcome. :)

It would be best if you visited the motherboard manufacturer's site. That way you'll get the latest version of the chipset drivers which will contain the latest versions of the ide, miniport, agp, etc.

If the date of the drivers from the main site seems old (as they don't always update accordingly), check the developer's site of the devices. (SIS)

Here is the best link for your chipset: SiS DOWNLOAD CENTER

Ok thanks Organ

No problem man. :)

You can use the latest driver version from Realtek that was just released on 10-21-2005 here: Realtek HD Sound Driver

Use the screenshot to see what servers you download from. :)

or

You can get the latest version from Intel which is an older release of the same driver from above: [url=http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=2111&DwnldID=7525&strOSs=44&OSF]Audio: Intel

It still says no audio detected and i cant find the adjuster that iu downloaded.

OK. You don't seem to have chipset drivers installed or it's not enabled in your bios.

Try this for me. Go into device manager and expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

Take a screenshot of that and post it so I can see what problem devices you have showing.

If I could add one thing. You said the sound was built in(on board) , so you should check to make sure it's enabled in BIOS.

I was just posting that same thing.

Did ya check to see if you have the sound on mute?...Control Panel/Sounds & Audio Devices

That's happened to me before,all of a sudden,no sound.....checked out my audio properties,and mute was on......[move][glow=green,2,300]go figure[/glow][/move]

It still isn't working. The drivers refuse to install lol. Hey Realtek AC'97 Audio was what I had before the reformat! Hmm, I'll try enabling that thing in the BIOS like you said, but what's the button's for that again? :) BIOS and CMOS are different things right? Aw, I only know how toe nter the CMOS config.