Motorola Activity link light always flashing

rammolo

I have Adelphia service, since two month i notice that the activity light is always flashing, even when the computer is off,

Any Suggestions!!!!!!!!!!

It is nothing to worry about.

There is always some type of activity.

For example - your modem is sending out a signal every 30 seconds just to let the cmts (device at the headend) know that it is alive and to ask the cmts if it's upstream power needs to be adjusted.

This is just one example of the many behind the scenes activities going on.

You also have all of those fool script kiddies trying to ping everything on the planet, but if your firewall is sufficient, then not to worry.

i had that same problem when i had adelphia, and i found out that some routers will do that and some wount, like alinksys will but a netgear wount, its very wired. :haha: :haha: :haha: you dont have to worry about it its not doing any harm. when you see the light on the router blinking when the PC is off then you know you got real problem.