Wildblue - slow speeds

bgc

I am new to wildblue.  I have been with them about 6 weeks.  The first week or so things seemed fine.  However, that is no longer the case.  My upload speeds are really slow.  I am paying for pro pak which is supposed to offer upload speeds up to 256 Kbps and can't even get what they are advertising for their value pak.  Below is the latest test.  Actually faster than it has been.  I have been getting results under 100Kbps.

I have chatted with their customer care and done all kinds of things to no avail.  I was told a technician would be contact me a week ago.  Still nothing.  After an hour on the phone last night I was told someone would contact me in the next couple of days to set up a time for a tech to come out.  However, it could be a while.

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, have they ever got it straight? 

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 116 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 97 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 14 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Tue Nov 1 09:28:17 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 2X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 73.14 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 92.06 % of your hosts average (147.219)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZUS3LHJQF

• 2 weeks later...

Also, when you test uploads with Satellite, use the 579KB file.  97KB is very inaccurate with a satellite connection.

The best analogy I can give is, it doesnt give it enough time to warm up.

That doesn't work so well when the wb connection will not send more than 200 KB at one time.

The only test that will complete is the smart test 97 KB one.

The others time out.

Trying to ftp a file and after about 200 KBs is sent it stops with an error: file transfer failed.

10 days of WB service and not a single day without problems.

20 more days and if it isn't fixed by then; that 30 day money back guarntee will be quite useful.

vern

beam 28 / Syracuse gateway

• 4 months later...