*MY* Verizon experience

FishNET

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2833 Kbps about 2.8 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Download Speed is:: 346 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 51 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 2.96 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=SND1SPA8N

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is: 551 Kbps about 0.6 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Upload Speed is: 67 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line: 10 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 15.28 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=7LPJM77B7

Ive got the NY Metro DSL plan... 3Mbps / 768Kbps for $29.95/month

Im more south NJ, and I get it :) The first rep had no idea what they were talking about and said I couldnt get it, so I called again and the person knew EXACTLY what I was talking about, and gave me it.

I run an FTP server... I have 5 people connected, going a steady 98KB/sec :)

The wierd thing is that Im already getting 3.0 / 768K, but their DSL Order Status page says:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, your DSL service will not be ready as originally scheduled. We sincerely apologize for this delay. As soon as a revised Service Ready Date is scheduled, we will update the status of your order with the revised date. Thank you for your patience."

But its quite obvious that Im already using it... wtf?

Maybe they meant to select the other thing, but accidentally hit that? Dont know...

:S

Step #1 is sending them an email

Step #2 is calling them

Step #3 calling them again

Step #4 keep calling until i get it :)

Well, your definately in the area to get it... I mean, if Im all the way in south Jersey getting it, then why wouldnt you be able to.

The first rep said something like "New Jersey isnt getting that for another two weeks" or something, so I called back a few hours later and the person knew EXACTLY what I was talking about after I mentioned dslreports.com

I said something like "Over on dslreports.com alot of people keep saying theyre getting..." and they say "...3mbit DSL... you want the NY Metro plan" and set it up for me.

I told them i heard that people in New York were getting the 3/768 for $29.99 which is what i pay now. I wonder what they will reply. If they do say they dont know what they are talking about, ill mention dslreports lol

Thanks again, hopefully they will upgrade me and ill be getting my speeds soon.

I told them i heard that people in New York were getting the 3/768 for $29.99 which is what i pay now. I wonder what they will reply. If they do say they dont know what they are talking about, ill mention dslreports lol

Thanks again, hopefully they will upgrade me and ill be getting my speeds soon.

I didnt even know that Verizon *HAS* online support... I always have to call them at 1-800-567-6789

Thats how i got my first upgrade from the 768/128 to 1500/384. The online chat thing is worthless since they always tell you to call them anyways, so dont bother going on that, but the email one is worth the time.

And one more question, have you been experiancing slow speeds from time to time lately? From like 9:55PM to like 10:30 i cant get past 60kbps. Been like that for 2 days now and i read that other people are having problems too, maybe verizon is updating?

• 2 months later...

woot woot, first time i'm hearing about "NY Metro Plan".

I pay for 1.5/ and about 15KB/s upload (how much in bits?) about 25$ (though i still have this damn super slow speed problem, "working on it" so they say).

so i guess i'm going to mention this plan too :D going to milk them, for this past 3 weeks of low speed! muhahahah  :twisted: