PC keeps on rebooting..

mrkcee

Whenever I connect to the Internet.. after some minutes(1-10mins), my computer will just

suddenly restart/reboot. I dont know why. Im getting irritated already. I tried not

connecting to the net, after about an hour, it didn't restart. So, I assumed that the

"restart" thing problem occurs when I am connected to the internet. What do you think

causes the problem?

mrkcee; did this just start happening?

Try PMing Cholla, he's pretty good at figuring out what might be wrong.

. . .in the mean time, try some searches for "internet connection computer re-starting "

or some variations of those.

Whenever I connect to the Internet.. after some minutes(1-10mins), my computer will just

suddenly restart/reboot. I dont know why. Im getting irritated already. I tried not

connecting to the net, after about an hour, it didn't restart. So, I assumed that the

"restart" thing problem occurs when I am connected to the internet. What do you think

causes the problem?

Interesting.......i had the same thing happen to me before.When you're done scanning for virus's and malware...etc....and

I have WinXP Pro on a PIII 600MHz.  I already scanned using AdAware, and cleaned whatever thing that it found. Also, i also scanned for viruses using AntiVir. Im at an internet cafe so, I'll just test your suggestions (by Khronic) later..

EDIT:

Btw, this has happened before I even tweaked my modem settings..

EDIT2:

Tried disabling the auto restart thing, wel.. it still crashed and they have to reboot the system..

:?:

mrkcee

are you using a adsl modem ? before i moved to cable broadband i was on a adsl usb modem and had the same thing happened to me for weeks , found out in the end it was the drivers for the modem .

downloaded new drivers and had no problems after that .

another problem i had with my new pc was because it had hyper threading enabled it kept rebboting my pc when using a cable modem on the usb connection , changed to nic and that solved the problem hope this helps

If you can keep your computer up for an hour without the internet, I don't think it would be a power supply or anything hardware related. Before you connect to the net, check your running processes. If anything looks odd, try to end that process. If that process doesn't end, reboot in safe mode, and scan the registry for that process. Be careful scanning the registry though, you could really mess up your system.