Are the Testmy.net servers overloaded>??

TraNsEdgE 01

Over the last 4 days , i have sometimes been getting an error saying that the server is to busy when i try to do a test or look at the forums. Is there finally too much traffic on the site or is it just me seeing this ERROR.

yeah i had that problem a few days ago.....i had to wait awhile for the it too go back to normal.....

Over the last 4 days , i have sometimes been getting an error saying that the server is to busy when i try to do a test or look at the forums. Is there finally too much traffic on the site or is it just me seeing this ERROR.

it's not really an error from testmynet. it is an accumulation of positrons in your isp's backbone that causes packet loss. simply put, the positrons (positive electrons) join with the electrons carrying the information and negate their charge, thereby losing any information they carried. when thisw is detected, the server originating the lost packets receives a 'flush' command that makes it send a few million '1' bits to the last address that data was sent to. since one bits need a higher number of elctrons to represent them than zero bits, they help gather up all those positrons and eliminate them. sunspot activity is usually the cause of this phenomenon. positively charged solar particles of a medium energy state can then penetrate the earths magnetic field that is overloaded by the huge surge of high energy particles caused by sunstorms and settle onto power and data lines, causing the emission of positrons into the wires. you can check if that is the actual cause by tuning your tv to a station that gives you just static. if the number of black pixels is noticably higher than the number of white pixels then there is a heightened number of positrons present, since normally you would see more white than black pixels, since the white pixels are caused by normal electrons.

it's not really an error from testmynet. it is an accumulation of positrons in your isp's backbone that causes packet loss. simply put, the positrons (positive electrons) join with the electrons carrying the information and negate their charge, thereby losing any information they carried. when thisw is detected, the server originating the lost packets receives a 'flush' command that makes it send a few million '1' bits to the last address that data was sent to. since one bits need a higher number of elctrons to represent them than zero bits, they help gather up all those positrons and eliminate them. sunspot activity is usually the cause of this phenomenon. positively charged solar particles of a medium energy state can then penetrate the earths magnetic field that is overloaded by the huge surge of high energy particles caused by sunstorms and settle onto power and data lines, causing the emission of positrons into the wires. you can check if that is the actual cause by tuning your tv to a station that gives you just static. if the number of black pixels is noticably higher than the number of white pixels then there is a heightened number of positrons present, since normally you would see more white than black pixels, since the white pixels are caused by normal electrons.

Where in hell did you get that?!

10-4, I am going to go count the black pixels from the blank TV channel now.....  :haha:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15.......damn lost count.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7.....damn!!

I didn't see anything on any unusal sunspot activity(except at testmy.net),

but I found this; Japan's Hayabusa Closes in on Asteroid Landing Site

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/051103_hayabusa_update.html

. . .now I know this thing is going to land on this asteroid and give it the exact

weight to steer it right into Earth's orbit!!

I just updated the forum structure to SMF 1.1 RC1 -- this may be the problem.  If problems persist I may revert to the old version.  I just rebooted the database server (after noticing a database connection problem) and everything seems to be functioning correctly for the time being.  Please post in this thread or PM me personally if you see any errors :)

But no, the server isn't overloaded :-D  -- the server load is running very optimal ever since I changed to the 2X Dual Xeon setup  :evil6: --- very very optimal -- even durring peak times the actual serer load is very nice :-)

Thanks for the input.. and please let me know if you see any more errors ;-)