Windows 98 Problem..please help!

x_6985381

x_6985381: Here are a couple of things to try If they don't work I have another one.

Go to Control Panel AddRemove ProgramsInstall|Uninstall here you should find your IE program

Mine is Microsoft Internet Explorer SP1 and Internet Tools highlight it click the AddRemove button.

This should bring up a window giving you 3 options select Repair Internet Explorer.

If that doesn't work try going to MSDOS type cd at the prompt hit enter then type

x_6985381: What OS does your workink PC have? If it 98 to ME go to Control panel in it AddRemove Programs there is a tab "Startup Disk" Select it  & select create disk. This should give you a start up disk that will let you get to DOS where you can run the scanreg/restore.

x_6985381 ; What PC do you have online right now & what is its OS?

I got this much information from the MS article if you can get to DOS

1. In Windows 98, boot the computer to the Startup menu and then click Command Prompt Only.

2. Type the following at the prompt: ren c:explorer.exe explorer.old, and then press ENTER.

3. Restart the computer.

98's up just alot you have to do like press enter 857348647 times to get to teh desktop...other than that its goood, im waiting for my nieces to leave to get off it, so that i can clean it up and stuff, i'll connect it later on and run some test thanks all.