D0 NOT LET VERIZON SCREW YOU WITH A VERSALINK MODEM!

FishNET

This thing is fucking BULLSHIT. It keeps restarting itself every few fucking hours.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH VERIZON GIVING OUT BAD MODEMS... IM CALLING RIGHT NOW AND TELLING THEM THAT IM SENDING BACK THE VERSALINK AND KEEPING MY GOOD OLD WESTELL 2200!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So I wake up this morning and notice that Windows said that my network had stuff wrong with it, so I thought it was just a freak thing... Just now, IRC disconnects and all my IM services go down, then Windows says "A network cable is unplugged"... I run to my modem to see whats going on, the power light is red and its flashing DSL, and all the ethernet lights are off... then they turn on! WHAT THE FUCK! I will *NOT* use a modem that cant stay online for weeks on end like old westy.

NOONE let Verizon screw them with this horrible Versalink! Before the Versalink, I could have my modem and router connected for MONTHS on end without problems... MONTHS, then I get the Versalink and it disconnects twice in less than 24 hours.

Holy shit Im mad at Verizon... They REALLY think Im sending my OLD modem back? Theyre getting the Versalink back!

Tech support said to keep old Westy (as I call it)... Since they never even sent me the thing to send the 2200 back, he said to just keep both, and if I get a letter from them saying I HAVE to send one back, call and say they can have the Versalink... And if they throw the charge on the phone bill he said to just call and they'll take that off right away so they dont lose customers.

Although the Versalink is a good idea, they should really have tested it more before they put it out to the public... Threfore I am going witth the tried and old 2200 that I know works fine.

Actually' date=' in the modem page (192.168.1.1) you can configure the firewall. I set it on low all the time since i also have my own Mcafee, but i ran that dslreports test and got a 0 which is the perfect score.[/quote']

Yeah I dont HAVE a 192.168.1.1 since my modems a bridge.... :P

192.168.0.1 is the netgear/

I never got the consept of brigde and ppoe or whatever it is. When i set my modem of bridge' date=' it just wouldnt work lol. I didnt know what i was doing. But its always good to have extra secutiry. And i get it with the 2200[/quote']

Bridge mode basically makes the modem do the connecting, and the router do the rest (assigning IPs, routing packets, logging into the network, etc).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Westell 2200 is the way to go. No problems since i got it (except if you connect it through USB then you have to forward ports lol)

Hey, I'm new here and I just read ur message and I'm connceting through USB, and my upload and d/l rate is really low like 44kb/s. Is there anyway that I can boost my speed?

I can't use mny ethernet port cuz it's broken (I hate Dell, w/ passion, this comp is shit!!!!) :angry5:

And I forwarded my ports but it's still slow.

Marcin541 Plzzzzz reply.  :D

:?:I've signed up with verizon and haven't seemed to have to much problems.  I too don't get the bridge concept and even with the short explanation I seen.  I have a westell 327W not quite sure that it's the greatest but for now it works.  I want to know how I can setup my different email account through one browser or is there a better browser that IE?  If the email is a free account such as yahoo, can you still find out their income/outgoing IPA?  This place is awesome and get a great deal of info. by coming here.  So for this amateur computer/net user you guys are doing a great Job. This were the stats for downloads and could someone please explain what exactly an upload is? I'm assuming it's the process of sharing files with someone else. (ex. Winmx)  and why does it take so darn long the other person to get their crap.  Anyhow I get a message a my UDP not setup or don't have any ports??????? You guys help this amateur, please!!!! Another ??? Why is my connection referred and and LAN and is not referred to by WINXP as a Broadband.  Isn't that what DSL/router/modem is. HEEEELLLLLLLP???

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1253 Kbps about 1.3 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 153 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Sun Mar 27 03:42:50 PST 2005

Bottom Line:: 22X faster than 56K 1MB download in 6.69 sec

Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 99.21 % of your hosts average (157.246)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-35TRAQDIJ

3/28/05

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1277 Kbps about 1.3 Mbps (tested with 1013 KB)

Download Speed is:: 156 KB/s

Test Time:: Mon Mar 28 04:21:55 PST 2005

Bottom Line:: 23X faster than 56K 1MB download in 6.56 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 0.95 % faster than the average for host (157.246)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-YV5G0OB31

Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1281 Kbps about 1.3 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 156 KB/s

Test Time:: Mon Mar 28 04:43:10 PST 2005

Bottom Line:: 23X faster than 56K 1MB download in 6.56 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 1.03 % faster than the average for host (157.246)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-64QHUCASM