Virus Protection

jkandra

im not sure what internet provider you have? but if you have comcast you get mcafee virus and firewall for free cant beat that price... :D

Just like SP2 Gets hackable windows firewall'  free stuf is not always good' if free stuff was so good all the other Paid firewalls and Antivirus companies would go broke' sure there a few pretty good ones out there like AVG but not good enough...........

when has a product existing ever stopped anyone from putting a cheap copy on the market. look at firefox...

Do you ever miss an oppurtunity to bash FF?? - the thread is about virus protection - and when you get right down FF make IE look like people who were striving for something less then even a poor product developed it.

Give it a break!!!

well, as long as people call a haphardly cobbled together woodshed project browser the best thing since sliced bread in spite of all its shortcomings i will happily bash it every chance i get.

well, as long as people call a haphardly cobbled together woodshed project browser the best thing since sliced bread in spite of all its shortcomings i will happily bash it every chance i get.

I thought a browser was for browsing the web with as much ease as possible - I can go to more sites easier and faster with FF then with IE - I can click on links and visit them later. I can do in 5 minutes what would take 30 in IE  - I really do not care how it is thrown together as long as it is powerfull and easy to use. Who cares what a  haphardly cobbled together woodshed project it is. It is light years ahead of IE, along with opera - k-meleon and just about everything out there. If IE ever gets better then FF I will back to it in a second -

My firewall is an intergrated hardware solution.

If I didn't have it, I'd go with Kaspersky Internet Security Professional 2006. (Antivirus & Firewall together)

I used it briefly during the beta, but the official release should be here soon, if it's not already. :)

I don't think I can use a hardware firewall with a DWay 4000.

I also have read somewhere that it is better to buy both Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro 5.0 and Kaspersky Anti Hacker separate, than buying it as a package.

Thanks everyone I think I am going to buy these two programs,

when my subscription runs out on me firewall.

Now I have to see if I can put them on all my computers with one registration.

I don't think I can use a hardware firewall with a DWay 4000.

I also have read somewhere that it is better to buy both Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro 5.0 and Kaspersky Anti Hacker separate, than buying it as a package.

Thanks everyone I think I am going to buy these two programs,

when my subscription runs out on me firewall.

Now I have to see if I can put them on all my computers with one registration.

Its the best choice you can make for home security'  I bought  Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro 5.0 and Kaspersky Anti Hacker separate as  i couldn't get Anti Hacker Pro ' Im not sure they make it... I hear that KIS 2006 should be coming out soon....

I am giving Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro 5.0.390 a tryout, gotta say I think it slows down my system a bit but it does seem thourough.

I have used Zone alarm pro and avg free for the last few years and havent had any problems so I think that once its done I will go back to the free AVG.

Ackthecat