Slower than Slow 2.........Definitely Need Help

ikhan

I have Juno Dial-up internet access . Juno provides 56 kbps but I can only get 28.8 kbps at the most the "Speed:" (under my Juno status window START>Connect to>Juno).  Number in figure do not move,  they've never gone above :cry: or below  :haha: 28.8 kbps .

So, Is my modem speed set to certain amount? which does not allow the internet to go faster then 28.8 kbps.

My modem is Agere Win Modem (56 kbp/s compatible)

Any suggestions.......Comments............

ikhan: Welcome to the forum.Read some of the posts in the all dial-up section to find some tweaks.I did have a hardware modem that would only do 28.8 no matter what.My PCTel internal has alwas been faster .It usually connects at 40 or 41 & tests that part of the time.A major factor is the distance to the telco(terminal) that your Phone line is. What OS do you have? Do you know what kind of slot your modem is in PCI or ISA ? Is compression enabled or disabled? For some it works better enable (like me) & for others (like ROM-DOS) it works better disabled.I have windows ME(a 9X type OS) & ROM-DOS uses XP.

Dial-up settings These are for ME but some will be simular in XP.I hope you find some of it useful.

Download & install Cablenut;use the ccs file for your OS & connection.

I make these adjustments to Cablenut for a custom dial-up file if it doesn't make yours work better you can use the ones that

it puts in automatically.On the RWIN use the one of the settings suggested by