AMD Tops Intel

ROM-DOS

AMD Tops Intel

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113141865534290853.html?mod=home_whats_news_us

Advanced Micro Devices Inc. last month surpassed Intel Corp. in supplying chips for personal computers sold in U.S. retail stores.

Combined with AMD's 67.7% share of retail desktop-computer sales, AMD's share of combined desktop and laptop machines in October came to 49.8%, compared with 48.5% for Intel.

Wal-Mart could add further demand by releasing rumored $398 laptop and desktop systems based on AMD technology the day after Thanksgiving.

[way to go! AMD rules!!]  :ar15:

OMG ~ Is it a crack in Dell's Intel-only facade? ~ the #1 PC maker in terms of sales is offering Athlon 64 CPUs on its site, albeit without motherboard, case, hard drive, and optical drive. Priced significantly higher than outlets like Newegg, the CPUs on Dell's site are a mix of the single-core Athlon 64s, dual-core Athlon 64 X2s, and the megapricey Athlon 64 FX-57.

See for yourself;  :shock:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=04&category_id=6197&first=true&mnf=116&k=

. . .unfricken believable  :haha:

haters..i like my intel pent 4 wit ht...

but i like my older emachines with amd [shhush it]

both perform great for me

and about the gaming and programing thing one of u said

i get about the same for both of them

emachines is older but runs just as good as this new one...

amd .(=). intel

:computer::coolmad:

fine just to even it out.

let's see, what level are we down to now? oh, yeah...

amd is retarded. buy intel. intel is the most awesome company in the world.

amd will never <insert whatever>, intel is <insert whatever>, amd can't <insert whatever>, intel has <insert cool sounding feature>, who needs amd's <insert their cool sounding feature>, intel is good for <task>, amd is only good for <task>, and that only if <condition>.

on that note, is bmw or mercedes better?

edit: or better yet, does chrysler, gm or ford build the best cars?

fine just to even it out.

let's see, what level are we down to now? oh, yeah...

amd is retarded. buy intel. intel is the most awesome company in the world.

amd will never <insert whatever>, intel is <insert whatever>, amd can't <insert whatever>, intel has <insert cool sounding feature>, who needs amd's <insert their cool sounding feature>, intel is good for <task>, amd is only good for <task>, and that only if <condition>.

on that note, is bmw or mercedes better?

edit: or better yet, does chrysler, gm or ford build the best cars?

its all in preference, if you like INTEL, good for you......

i, myself am a fanboy of AMD, sorry

its all in preference, if you like INTEL, good for you......

i, myself am a fanboy of AMD, sorry

good to see that you at least know that you base it on personal preference not facts, like my preference for intel.

come to think of it that preference is based solely on the fact that i scored a t-shirt at a tradeshow from intel while amd gave me nothing. or wasn't even there? don't remember.

it was the i486 today, intel pentium tomorrow t-shirt. yes, it was that long ago. i had two, and am still mad at myself for not saving one. i bet it would fetch a good price on e-bay nowadays.

AMD-HP Opteron Tops TPC-C Benchmark

http://www.internetnews.com/stats/article.php/3554506

The TPC-C, the trademark name for the Transaction Performance Processing Council, is considered an important test for measuring system performance, tallying how many transactions a computer can manage in a commercial environment, such as simulating the computing traffic in a bank.

Hewlett Packard's Proliant DL585 server, powered by dual-core AMD 880 Opteron processors, and the rack mount HP Proliant DL385 server powered by AMD's dual-core 280 Opteron processors, were rated the highest performing x86 four-way and two-way database servers.

. . .move over Intel