AMD Tops Intel

ROM-DOS

haha

intel = good for heating up your room in the winter

amd = good for everything....

Whatever.. Pure [move][glow=red,2,300]BS[/glow][/move].. My intel 2.4A GHz runs at 47 degrees celsius on 100% cpu utilization (when running folding@home at 100 percent).. Normal temp is about 40.. I have seen Intels that run at 60, but AMDs usually run over 50 so tell me something that is true.. That temp (47 degrees at 100% cpu for 2 days) is just with a processor fan and psu fan.. No other cooling systems or 80mm ball bearing fans :D

My intel 2.4A GHz runs at 47 degrees celsius on 100% cpu utilization (when running folding@home at 100 percent).. Normal temp is about 40.. I have seen Intels that run at 60, but AMDs usually run over 50 so tell me something that is true.. That temp (47 degrees at 100% cpu for 2 days) is just with a processor fan and psu fan.. No other cooling systems or 80mm ball bearing fans :D

Well I dont know about anybody elses cpu but my AMD always seems to stay around 30 to 35 degrees celcius no matter what I am doing. Even when I was doing FAH.

Well I dont know about anybody elses cpu but my AMD always seems to stay around 30 to 35 degrees celcius no matter what I am doing. Even when I was doing FAH.

Same thing here CableTech01.  What I found that helps with that though, is replacing the stock heat sink with a much bigger one and my case has an exhaust fan on top, right above my AMD.

AMD prepares to release quad-core CPUs in 2007

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051116-5586.html

AMD has revealed that they are planning a quad-core-capable processor family for release some time in 2007. In addition, the chip maker says that they will be switching to a new internal architecture for their x86 CPUs in 2008 or 2009. Details of this switch have not yet been announced.

AMD shipped the first dual-core versions of their 64-bit Opteron server CPUs in May of this year, beating rival Intel to the punch. The move to multiple CPU cores on one die has been an industry-wide shift, precipitated by the failure of clock frequency scaling to keep up with improvements in process technology. While Moore's Law continues unabated for the time being and more transistors can be packed on the same die at 90nm and 65nm, MHz scaling appears to have hit a wall. Faced with this undeniable fact, the most efficient use of those extra transistors is to add more cores.

Dell to try AMD

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051121-5604.html

First it was discovered that Dell is selling AMD processors online. Then Dell made public noises about rolling out AMD servers. Now, the other shoe has dropped: Forbes is reporting that Dell will indeed sell a broad range of AMD systems.

The Taiwanese manufacturing houses that Dell will be using to make AMD systems have spilled the beans that Dell has told them they intend to start shipping computers with AMD inside. Given the specialties of the companies mentioned in the very brief report, it looks like Dell is going the full monty by offering notebooks, desktops, and servers.

AFX News Limited

Taiwan's Hon Hai, Asustek, Quanta seek AMD-based deals with Dell - report

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/afx/2005/11/20/afx2347168.html

TAIPEI (AFX) - Dell Inc has informed its Taiwan contract makers of plans to develop devices based on Advanced Micro Devices Inc's microprocessors, and these suppliers are awaiting orders for global shipment, the Economic Daily News reported, citing industry sources.

These suppliers are ready developing and arranging the logistics of such devices for shipment to Dell, it added.