VanBuren

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks coknuck.

here are my speeds.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 10366 Kbps about 10.4 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1265 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 2)

Test Time:: 2006/11/20 - 7:43pm

Bottom Line:: 181X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.81 sec

Tested from a 12160 kB file and took 9.609 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 87.59 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SOVZDP0KF

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 [!]

or my download speed. that's really all i care about.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Mr. VanBuren, Greetings. I have recently got my FIOS service upgraded (along with FIOs TV HD) to 20/20 from 20/5. Initially I was getting at least close with the upload coming only about up to 50% with the 20 down a little closer but I was doing okay with the 20/5.

He bottom line is that I tried to use your latest (Ver. 9) tweak files .css for the "Adjuster", and now I am getting about 5/5. I obviously gooffed up. Ihave used the in the and it worked perfectly however, in the past there has always been a custom file which matched my speed and connection and worked well.

I tried the fiber .css for 30/5 as it seemed the closest. It did not however change many settings in the adjuster maybe only 6 or so adjustments sparsely spread out. Can you help rescue me from this problem and get the 20/20 ? I have the latest router designed for Fiber to the house, coax feeds directly into it as well as ethernet.

Let me know either way, any help would be appreciated.

Tony M. Satterfield

Hello there!

First of all many many congrats for this awsome site...very nice job you`re doing! :)

As to my doing here...I tried to tweak my internet speed, but I`m unable to find the really correct setup. I am running on XP with routerPPPoE with a DSL connection and 1024/512 Kps advertised speed. Could you help?

Thanks for everything! :)

RedOryon, welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy your stay here. Here is a 1024-512 ccs. file to try. Also I will put Cablenut 4.08 that needs to be installed first to read the file. Be sure to reboot after adding the numbers so they will take effect in the registry. Aspeed test would be nice to see.

:welcome:

Oh, thanks for the welcome, I do like the site, you know! ;)

Hmm...I seem to remember that I tried a css file with similar settings as that which you posted, but the thing is that the RWIN doesn`t match. The tweak test from dlsreports.com suggests that I ought to have my RWIN between 13.000-26.000...and your css file has it at around 130.000...so all in all I`m sort of puzzled here! :(

Hehe, yeah, a speed test will come...I`m downloading a rather large file now (Naruto!) with few seeds, so I`m not too keen on restarting my pc and loose those few seeds I have...once it is done, the time for testing shall come! :))

Many cheers to you good lads!

PS: oh and one other puzzling matter...my torrent speed is varying awfully much! I mean that from sec to sec it can change with up to 10kbs...at a moment it is 80 and at the second moment it is 70 then drops down to around 30 then back up and it keeps doing these hops...does this suggest some miss-tweaking of some sort or is it simply because of the seeds and peers?

Thanks for everything! :)

• 2 weeks later...