A Ethernet Card Problem I think...

DeadlyTiger

I bought an ethernet card so I can share my PPPOE and my local area connection2(Lan) for Xboxlive. so that i can be on the internet and play xboxlive at the same time. Now everything was fine till about a week ago when I noticed it was saying my local area connection 2 (the ethernetcard i bought) was unplugged, but it's not unplugged. I checked the back and the green lights are not coming on. I even tried to put the ethernet card in different slots. that didn't work. I am using the right cables because they worked before. they are not damaged or anything. But what is weird is that it seems I can only use one ethernet card at a time.. because i can plug the ethernet cord into the new ethernet card and the lights will turn on, but it seems i can't use 2 of them at the time same now.. what is wrong?