Azureus Bittorrent HELPPPPPP

wingzero2309

ok I need A LOT of help with Azureus, i cant get it to properly run with my router and all.

PLZZZ somebody help

i used to use ABC bittorrent, but i decided to switch to Azureus, and i like it better overall, but i find it somewhat hard to configure it with your router and configure ur router with it

heres what it says for some torrents...something about NAT

I have two suggestions, one use BitTornado, easiest to adjust the settings you want and uses less system resources. Two read my tutorial, it explains alot including NOT using ports 6881-6889 due to many isps limiting speed due to lots of BitTorrent sharing. :D Use diff ports and you will get better speeds most likely. I DL SLOW with the default ports and up to 400K with my custom ports.

http://www.testmy.net/forumz/viewtopic.php?t=890

but thats the thing, i dont like bittornado because it opens them all in little windows, not all in one type of thing

as for the ports, im a bit confused on that

i read ur tutorial a few weeks ago, and then i thought that if i change the ports I am using, then i wont be able to download from people using 6881, and most people use 6881. Is this how it works or am i completely off?

like if i have port 2497845 can i still download from someone using 6881?

but thats the thing, i dont like bittornado because it opens them all in little windows, not all in one type of thing

as for the ports, im a bit confused on that

i read ur tutorial a few weeks ago, and then i thought that if i change the ports I am using, then i wont be able to download from people using 6881, and most people use 6881. Is this how it works or am i completely off?

like if i have port 2497845 can i still download from someone using 6881?

Wing, what part of Texas you from? Im in Midland.

Ok, I can understand you not liking it but give it a thought. Azeur. is one of the few (if not the only) that allows you to download more than one torrent in a window. But it uses MASSIVE amounts of your system resources and gives errors on many torrents that others have no trouble with. As far as the ports, yes you can set your ports to 123456789 and download and upload to anyone. All the port forwarding does is allows your BITTORRENT client to receive outside requests from other BT users without your firewall or router blocking them. It has NOTHING to do with who you can and cant download from. Please tell me what part of my tutorial confused you on this point so I can submit a clearer read to CA3LE GUY (hes a sexy BIT**) and others wont have this problem. Thanks and if I wasnt clear on something post again and Ill try to explain it better or PM me. :D

Oh, and in case you didnt know, you can download multiple files at the same time with BitTornado it just opens a small BT client for each file. It can do anything AZEUR. can do and does it more effeciently in most cases, but hey that is a matter of opinion so use the client that YOU like best Tornado is just my recomendation. :D

ah i see, thx for clearing up that whole port stuff

oh and i live in cedar park (like...basically right by Austin(the capital of tx))

and as for ur tutorial, there wasnt anything really confusing about it. Its just that when you said change the port, I assumed that if i changed the port, i wont be able to download from ppl using the other ports. so basically, its just a messed up idea i got from assuming too much, but i guess you could always just say something like changing the port will not impair your ability to download from people using port 6881 or something like that so other people dont automatically assume that it will screw them over...like i did lol

Well, i believe i will download BitTornado again...but first...i must finish my partial downloads on azureus...only ~20% to go :-D

thx again for the help