Will my pc be a dinosaur in August of 2008?

ratchet

i doubt that p4 is 11 years old. i think he just kept buying dells instead of other brands because he is a satisfied cutomer and his most recent purchase was made in august 2k5 with a 3 year warranty and he is wondering how much good that warranty will do him in 2.5 years, wether he will be having dell fix a dinosaur or not. and i say no, will still be a perfectly good comp then, just like a 3 year old comp is now.

I'm not worried at all.  In fact, last august I got a four year warranty for $20 after rebate.  It was a no brainier not to do it.  I was just thinking if something crazy happened after tha,t if I'd need something new to keep up with all that keeps changing so fast. Just threw it out there for discussion, that's all.  Oh yeah, I'd probably still be using Win 98 on the 94 pc if my small town hadn't finally offered broadband last year.  Up to 5mbs now and we even opened a wal mart, life is good!

I am not worried about my Dell either - it is a 300mhz laptop and works great. When I really am feeling frogy I buckle up and use my 366mhz Dell laptop.

Also if you purchased it more then 3 weeks ago - it is allready obsolete!!

Ever hear of Moores law which states (and has held for the last 20 years) that processor doubles speed every 18 months.