school.

resopalrabotnick

for all parents and students out there, when it comes time for the history classes to inform you or your children about WWII i suggest you petition the school to show the episode 'why we fight' from the 'band of brothers' miniseries. i have watched that episode several times, but it still brings tears to my eyes when the american soldiers are shown liberating a nazi camp. the images are disturbing yes, but they also show the unspeakable horrors man can commit if evil goes unchecked.

for all parents and students out there, when it comes time for the history classes to inform you or your children about WWII i suggest you petition the school to show the episode 'why we fight' from the 'band of brothers' miniseries. i have watched that episode several times, but it still brings tears to my eyes when the american soldiers are shown liberating a nazi camp. the images are disturbing yes, but they also show the unspeakable horrors man can commit if evil goes unchecked.

I wish they would show that in school, heck i wish they whould talk about WW1 & 2 more when i was in HS and in history we spent a week at the most on both wars. but when spent 3 months on the greek & roman empire.

Last year in 10th grade english we watched Schindlers List.....Yes that was in English class. It was because we had to read the book Alicia: My Story. If anyone wants a very good first hand account at what happened to Jewish people during WWII read that book.... I've read it multiple times since last year and it still moves me. Oh and yes, that episode is very moving, probably one of the best ones.