Could use some feedbacl

Sacrifist

I have a problem with my upload speed. It is a little ridiculous, the test showed it at 1kb/sec, which sounds about right since i cant send anyone anything. My download speed seems fine, around 320 kb/sec. I am using the only highspeed isp available to me which is a microwave radio internet connection. For those unfamiliar with this it basically is a microwave radio dish that sends microwave to another dish about 4 miles away which inturn goes to a t1 line. My upload used to be fine, but it has went to crap and has stayed that way for about a week now. I run windows xp sp2 and sp2 is not the issue. I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks for the replie Van Buren' date=' but i have already been there done that. And it has helped with my download speeds but the upload is still crap. Is there anything else that could be causing it.[/quote']

no problem :)

try to change your Networkcard duplex settings to manual, i guess your connection type is full duplex, so use 10 Mbps full or 100 Mbps full duplex.

Set it on the Networkcard that goes out to your microwave radio, if you have a router, set 100 Mbps full duplex on all computers hooked up to the router.

quote from http://dslnuts.com/tips_tricks.shtml

"HOW TO SET THE PROPER NIC DUPLEX SETTINGS:

Win98/ME: to change to half-duplex:

* Open Control Panel.

* Double-click Network.

* From the scrollable list, select your Ethernet adapter (rather than any dial-up) with a green icon.

* Click the button Properties.

* Click the tab Advanced to bring it to the front:

* In the Property box, the property name to be selected varies according to model of ethernet card. Examples are: Network Link Selection, Media Type, Connection Type, Duplex Mode, or any similarly-named property which can have Values looking like Auto-Negotiation, or 10BT, or 10BaseT.

* In the Value box, select a value which either (a) explicitly says half-duplex or semi-duplex, or (B) at least does not say full-duplex [e.g. 10BaseT on its own is OK]. If there is a choice between 10 and 100 with half-duplex, choose the 10. Do not choose 10Base5, 10Base2, or AUI.

* Click OK to exit the Adapter settings.

* Click OK all the way out - you might need to restart.

Windows 2000 or XP: to change to half-duplex:

* Open Control Panel.

* Double-click Network and Dial-up Connections.

* Identify the icon for your cable modem connection: usually Local Area Connection.

* Right-click that icon and select Properties.

* Under the ethernet adapter icon, click the button Configure.

* Click the tab Advanced to bring it to the front:

* In the Property box, the property name to be selected varies according to model of ethernet card. Examples are: Network Link Selection, Media Type, Connection Type, Duplex Mode, or any similarly-named property which can have Values looking like Auto-Negotiation, or 10BT, or 10BaseT.

* In the Value box, select a value which either (a) explicitly says half-duplex or semi-duplex, or (B) at least does not say full-duplex [e.g. 10BaseT on its own is OK]. If there is a choice between 10 and 100 with half-duplex, choose the 10. Do not choose 10Base5, 10Base2, or AUI.

* Click OK to exit the Adapter settings.

* Click OK to exit the Connection properties."

good luck

VanBuren :)

try to change your Networkcard duplex settings to manual, i guess your connection type is full duplex, so use 10 Mbps full or 100 Mbps full duplex.

Set it on the Networkcard that goes out to your microwave radio, if you have a router, set 100 Mbps full duplex on all computers hooked up to the router.

Is there a (significant) speed difference between full and half duplex? There are three computers in the network at home, and I know that two are on 100 half duplex and one might still be full duplex.

When copying stuff from comp to comp, speeds are somewhat constant at 3.5 MB/s. Shouldn't this be faster?

Is there a (significant) speed difference between full and half duplex? There are three computers in the network at home, and I know that two are on 100 half duplex and one might still be full duplex.

When copying stuff from comp to comp, speeds are somewhat constant at 3.5 MB/s. Shouldn't this be faster?

In halfduplex you cant both send and recive at same time, so you cant send acknowledge packets during downloading as fast as you can on full duplex. Its also work the other way around, you cant recive acknowledge packets during upload as fast as with full duplex.

This will result in slowdowns on your uploadspeed when you downloading, and vice versa.

You should use 100 Mbps full duplex inside your home network. The only thing thats you should set to half duplex is between your modem and router.

I suggest to test both half and full here cos some ISP

once again' date=' that helped my download speeds even more, which is nice btw..but upload is still poopoo. I think it must be isp related. Im gonna give them a holler. Ill give you updates when I have more data. Thanks again Van Buren[/quote']

yea it might be bad send signals, cool that your download increased :)

good luck with the upload !!

VanBuren :)