LCD TV ?uestion.

thEnd

I can't remember where I read this but is it true that LCD TV's uses 80% less energy that a regular T.V.?

LCD monitors can offer the consumer considerable savings over the product's total lifetime. In some cases, the energy-consumption of an average LCD display can be half to two-thirds of that for an average CRT. ENERGY STAR labeled LCD monitors can save even more. Some ENERGY STAR partner companies have helpful web-based calculators that can compute the possible savings of buying an LCD monitor in a matter of moments. One such calculator is listed below. Visit the URL provided for a sample calculation.   

http://www.sharpsystems.com/savings_tracker/

I can't remember where I read this but is it true that LCD TV's uses 80% less energy that a regular T.V.?

thats true for the most part. some lcd's use more energy they others. It all really depends on the quality of the manufacture, if you buy some no name pos out of china there powersupply and panel is not going to be very efficient, as if you bought a ViewSonic or SAMSUNG that was made in america or canada its going to be much more efficient and use alot less energy.