Registry MTU setting for Windows 98 & ME

cholla

I did this in a topic a while back but I have made some changes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how my Windows 98 SE& windows ME are tweaked.You need to determine what RWIN ,MTU,&MSS your OS needs to use .Then you

can add them to your registry .

These tweaks will allow you to make some adjustments to your system if you want to do it yourself.There are programs that

will do this for you.

Like Cablenut but it won't make all of these.If you use one of these this will allow you to see if the program made these

adjustments to your registry.If you don't like the adjustment a program made you can change it

back if you don't like adjustments to the program you are using to automatically make the adjustments

for you.Some allow ajustments some do not.Since I can't know what you have installed you will have to

decide what it will take for your OS to keep the settings you want.

You need to install this patch

http://dslnuts.com/patch/236926usa8.exe It might already be installed or you might be able to get it from MS .

This is the MS link