Customer Service gone right

sean5900xt

I was recently having some serious problems with my cable internet connection. I would usally get about 300 kbps downstream during peak hours. I couldnt even stream video. Well after sending several e-mails to tech support for about 5 weeks and never getting a reply I call my local cable office one afternoon when the problem was happening. When someone answerd I asked to speak to the manager or the person in charge. She checked and said that she was bussy but could have her call me back or take a message. I told the problem I was having and how no one from tech support had ever sent me a e-mail back. Well she goes to see if the head technician is available. He wasnt so she said she would have him call me back ASAP. I was suprised to get a call back 10 mins later. I described my problem to him and he said they were aware of it and the problem was with SBC who provides there bandwith and they were discussing how to fix it with them. Supprisingly he offerd me a half of month of credit for the bill and said the problem would be fixed by the end of the weekedend. He also upped my download speed cap from 3.0 Mbps down to 4.0 for my trouble. Not to bad get the problem fixed, get some money back ,and get faster download speed for free!

Here is a speed test i just ran not too bad for 6:30 on a sunday afternoon!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3586 Kbps about 3.6 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 438 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Sun Nov 13 2005 18:19:06 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 64X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.34 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 77 % faster than the average for host (cablelynx.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-4G6R00TSF