laptop graphic card questions

duffman1234

Hey, i got a laptop and i want to get a new graphic card for my laptop, can that be done? Do people sell laptop graphic cards? Also can you add more ram to the laptop?

you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but you have to generally buy a new card from the manufacturer of your computer.  However, if your manufacturer doesnt have any better graphics cards for your model, then you cant do anything about it.

i have the intel® 82852/82855 gm/gme, i dont know if its integrated or not, but i would like to add ram, i also dont know if i have ddr or sd. I have toshiba tecra a1 laptop, p4 mobile, 512 ram 64 mb graphic card 2.2ghz

if i cant get a new graphic card i would like to upgrade to 1 gig ram, i think it says somewhere that i have two slots for ram

here is a link to my comp, i have 512 mb ram but it says 256 mb ram on one slot, i wanna make sure if my slot is avaialble.. is there a program to check if there is a slot available or something

http://209.167.114.38/support/TechSupport/TSBs/ALL/-TSB000876.htm

yea, ur graphics are integrated, no way to upgrade that to an actual graphics card.

As for the ram, best way to find out if you have an availible slot is to open it up and check, it should be at the bottom of your comp and look somethin similar to this:

laptopdiy11.jpg

I'm guessing that your comp right now probably has 256+256, so if you want to upgrade, you'll have to take out one (or both) of the 256's.

no need to be an asshole...

notice how i said you most likely have to buy it from the manufacturer .  if they dont sell it, you cant do anything about it.

and i HAVE a laptop so i KNOW what im talkin about. People have been also upgrading their 6800go's (in my specific model) to a 7800GTX(dont believe me? visit notebookforums.com, they have a whole guide on it).

oh and my graphics card is PCI-Express, not "PC-CARD" (if u dont believe me on this either, then check the attached screenshot...).  Just because you havent heard of people upgrading their graphics cards doesnt mean it doesnt exist, so stop bein an ass with your smart alec remarks("Wing, please tell the class which interface on a laptop does the new graphics card fit into; PC-CARD slots?")

FRIED, BURNED any other words???

FRIED, BURNED any other words???

what the hell are you talking about?

you know what, screw this topic, i try to help someone only to have idiots say crap and even the mod being a smartass.

whatever happened to teh good testmy.net, not the one starting to fill with assholes who have nothing to do but reply with flames.

Wing I did not say that I don’t believe you, I said that most laptops on the market are not upgradeable (graphics card). I also did not say your graphics card was PCMCIA, I asked you to tell everything which slot you would upgrade the graphics card to. You have to remember you made the statement that “of course you can upgrade your graphics card” without knowing his model and manufacture and this is simply not true, most laptops on the market cannot be upgraded. ATI and NVIDIA along with the PCIe model are making upgrading graphics card on a laptop possible, I agree, but not all laptops have this function.

um...i specifically said "However, if your manufacturer doesnt have any better graphics cards for your model, then you cant do anything about it"

but w/e.