Cebridge, Shinnston WV

eNiNjA

I just moved here, and this is by far the worst broadband connection I have ever had, anywhere.

Here are my stats for a "1mb/sec" connection.......

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 189 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)

Download Speed is:: 23 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Mon Nov 14 2005 20:01:09 GMT-0500 (EST)

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB download in 44.52 sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 10.86 % of your hosts average (cebridge.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NA08ISUWR

Looks like I'm headed for Verison DSL =/

It's a cable connection.

I read over the tweaks and stuff, but all my pc's run linux / bsd, and I've tried evrything I can think of.

I am unsure how to tweak anything in Linux.

What brand of modem do you have?

Try getting the modem stats with this link: http://192.168.100.1   (or type it into your browser)

This is the most common method of accessing the modem stats, but some modems won't work.

I am curious what kind of modem RF levels you are at.

(BTW, could I say 'modem' a few more times???)

hey eninja, i started out with cebridge 1/128 package whitch i am guessing you have.  well it gets better after awhile because mine did the same thing.  it was a horrible connection.  thats because they have a problem of only having 1 line and they put like 100 people on it.  but once they get the money to get more lines it will be a lot better.  now i have their 3000/256 package and it works great.

markie09

hey eninja, i started out with cebridge 1/128 package whitch i am guessing you have.  well it gets better after awhile because mine did the same thing.  it was a horrible connection.  thats because they have a problem of only having 1 line and they put like 100 people on it.  but once they get the money to get more lines it will be a lot better.  now i have their 3000/256 package and it works great.

markie09

You are correct.

After talking with a Cebridge tech, I was informed that they cap the connection @ 256k for 3 hours if you exceed downloading 30mb in ten minutes.

*hangs head down and cries

Kinda nulls the point of a 1/128, eh?

i feel for ya i had cebridge once too sucked so bad they left and now i have zoominternet by armstrong cable and it rocks cebridge was running 500 people on only 3 T1 lines my pings in games were over 400ms sometimes over 1000ms now their 20-50ms  :D i had the 1/128 now for the same price i got zoominternets 5/512  :headbang: and by june 2006 Verizons FOIS will be out here  :headbang: :headbang:

mines has about 95% uptime their still doing upgrades as far as i know zoominternet offers up to like 15/1 so iam guessing their upgrading to offer that if its cheaper than FOIS iam keeping zoom  :D only thing i dislike about zoom is iam over 15 miles from CO so i get some packet loss its not much like say out of 1000 packets i may lose 1 or it needs to be retransmited. not too bad.