Video card problem...

Bird Fan

This isn't the right forum, probably, but I have an internet friend that is having trouble with his video card.

Apparently, when he installed updates for his video card, he started seeing weird colors. He's seeing green and purple where there should be black.

He said that he sees greenish and purple pixels where the black should be.

I don't know whether this is a video card problem or not, but it did it after he installed updates. I told him to try a system restore, but he said that it said that it was incomplete.

He has a NVIDIA geForce FX 5200, if that helps. Also, a guy on Counterstrike said that it was called "shimmer".

Any help is appreciated and btw, he said that he couldn't register. I don't know what the problem is.

It sounds like the monitor to me!!! Or it could even be that the monitor needs to be degaused. I would also try to turn down the graphics alittle and see if it helps. To me it sounds like it could be vidio tear too!! Thats the best I can do. Good luck!!

This isn't the right forum, probably, but I have an internet friend that is having trouble with his video card.

Apparently, when he installed updates for his video card, he started seeing weird colors. He's seeing green and purple where there should be black.

He said that he sees greenish and purple pixels where the black should be.

I don't know whether this is a video card problem or not, but it did it after he installed updates. I told him to try a system restore, but he said that it said that it was incomplete.

He has a NVIDIA geForce FX 5200, if that helps. Also, a guy on Counterstrike said that it was called "shimmer".

Any help is appreciated and btw, he said that he couldn't register. I don't know what the problem is.

He should still be able to post as a guest. :)

Anyhow, where did he get the updates from? If he went through windows update, the graphic drivers are sure to be outdated.

Windows update seems to keep a record of popular updates when it comes to video drivers. Plus, it's only the driver, not the software that directly supports it.

He needs to go to Nvidia's homepage and get the latest software package for his card.

Link here: [url=http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.94.html]NVIDIA