Router / Roadrunner help

x_6985381

Alright about 3 years back i had my "friend" install my router remotely or w/e, he did a nice job runs well and i get good flow and split, haha but when i remove my router and just hook up my rr modem, NOTHING. Network cable missing, it has the cable connected it has the e-thernet cord connected and what not, can someone PLEASE tell me how to correct this? or sha'll i contact roadrunner for new modem? I dont no what to do Please help, honestly i dont feel like running my router and modem at the same time..

:whaa: :whaa:

dont call rr for a new modem, most likely you just using the wrong cable type, a crassover cable. That allows you to connect 2 devices with out a router/switch/hub. Some modems required a crossover cable when going to a router. Change the cable and it should work.

Like FallowEarth says, sounds like your PC NIC may be set to 100base/t static, and most of those Toshiba modems (like the one in front of me now) are 10 base/t.

I would be sure your NIC is set at auto sensing for now, and then power everything down for a minute, then power back up, modem first, then PC.

BTW, just unplug the modem power for a minute, then plug it back in....

Guest thecableguy

Alright about 3 years back i had my "friend" install my router remotely or w/e, he did a nice job runs well and i get good flow and split, haha but when i remove my router and just hook up my rr modem, NOTHING. Network cable missing, it has the cable connected it has the e-thernet cord connected and what not, can someone PLEASE tell me how to correct this? or sha'll i contact roadrunner for new modem? I dont no what to do Please help, honestly i dont feel like running my router and modem at the same time..

:whaa: :whaa:

Any time you change equipment on a DOCCIS modem (your modem) you will need to hard reset the modem.  Do this by removing the power cable from the back of the modem.  Wait an honest minute and then reconnect the power and within about 3 minutes everything should be running just fine.

Good Luck!