New PC setup.. Comments please

REH

I'd like some comments on these parts I just purchased, as an overall setup.

Power Supply - FSP|AX450-PN 450W RT

Mobo - ASUS P4 P4S800D-X

CPU - Pentium 4 Prescott 2.8E 2.8ghz HT

Video - SAPPHIRE|9250 256M

RAM - 1gb PC2100 266mhz

I just finished purchasing these parts from various places, (newegg and ebay) and was wanting some feedback about how the system will run... Overclocking ability, performance, overall.

I'd like some comments on these parts I just purchased, as an overall setup.

Power Supply - FSP|AX450-PN 450W RT

Mobo - ASUS P4 P4S800D-X

CPU - Pentium 4 Prescott 2.8E 2.8GHz HT

Video - SAPPHIRE|9250 256M

RAM - 1GB PC2100 266MHz

I just finished purchasing these parts from various places, (newegg and ebay) and was wanting some feedback about how the system will run... Overclocking ability, performance, overall.

thats a very nice system, you can deffently oc that cpu, ive seen people take it to 3.5ghz and 3.7ghz on air with no problem. and its  fast. You did a good job in the parts list.

Thank you, Yeah I know the processor can be overclocked nicely, But actually I'm more worried about the mobo and PSU supporting it.

REH

that modo is very good at overclocking, and your power supply has plenty of power. they only thing i would upgrade the heatsink from the stock cooler just to get some better cooling.

that modo is very good at overclocking, and your power supply has plenty of power. they only thing i would upgrade the heatsink from the stock cooler just to get some better cooling.

Yeah, until I get the parts delivered to me, I'm running a celly 2.2, with no heatsink fan or anything. I knew I'd be needing a cpu heatsink with a fan with that CPU, so I also ordered a dynatron cpu cooler, and hopefully it will be good enough. The link is below to the cpu cooler I ordered.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835114021

Yeah, until I get the parts delivered to me, I'm running a celly 2.2, with no heatsink fan or anything. I knew I'd be needing a cpu heatsink with a fan with that CPU, so I also ordered a dynatron cpu cooler, and hopefully it will be good enough. The link is below to the cpu cooler I ordered.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835114021

Dude, if you're gonna OC, do it with the right cooler. That one is noisy, small and doesn't push a whole lot of air. I would guess it's not much better than stock. Of course, it does depend on how much money you're willing to spend on one... A Zalman 7000AlCu is nice, and will keep your cpu cooler. It shouldn't be that expensive either.