what is your modems signal readings and what should it be

Blunted 2

what should this be for optimum online

Frequency 603000000 Hz Locked

Signal to Noise Ratio 38 dB

Power Level 0 dB

The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value

Channel ID 3

Frequency 33008000 Hz Ranged

Power Level 47 dBmV

Hey Blunted2, you actually can't just change any of those levels.

It is all relative to your signal level, the condition of the cable plant, and your home cable condition.

Your levels look good, they appear to be from a Motorola modem, and I am going to take a guess at the model: An SB3100 since the RX level is reading zero.

That is unlees your input happens to be zero dBmV at the moment.

what should this be for optimum online

Frequency 603000000 Hz Locked

Power Level 0 dB

The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value

Channel ID 3

Power Level 47 dBmV

I know a little about this.

sb5100

Good, then your receive level of 0 dB is perfect, and you couldn't ask for a better downsteam SNR (38 dBmV).

That is the difference between the signal level and the noise level, the larger the ratio (in dB), the better.

Simply, the closer your signal level is to your noise level, the better chance you have of experiencing interference from that noise.

Downstream Value 

Frequency 705000000 Hz

Signal To Noise Ratio 35.6 dB

Power Level -6.3 dBmV

Upstream Value

Channel ID 4

Frequency 22000000 Hz

Power 50.5 dBmV

those look good? for comcast

Downstream Value 

Frequency 705000000 Hz

Signal To Noise Ratio 35.6 dB

Power Level -6.3 dBmV

Upstream Value

Channel ID 4

Frequency 22000000 Hz

Power 50.5 dBmV

those look good? for comcast

They look good.

It looks like you have a little more attenuation in line, maybe you run through more than one splitter before the cable hits the modem, but I would not worry.

Those numbers are well within the comfort range.

Both your guys levels are better than mine, and I have have no problems.

I have an extra 3 way splitter in my comp room, because I am always messing around with the setup.

Frequency 595779700 Hz Locked

Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB

Power Level 7 dBmV  (this would be a lot lower, but I have an amp, which is NOT recommended)

Upstream Value

Channel ID 4

Frequency 22000000 Hz Ranged

Power Level 50 dBmV

is this any good for my rr connection?? have the 5/384

Frequency 645000000 Hz Locked

Power Level -8 dBmV

Upstream Value

Channel ID 4

Power Level 50 dBmV

Downstream  Value

Frequency 579000000 Hz

Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB

QAM 256

Network Access Control Object ON

Power Level -3 dBmV 

Upstream Value

Channel ID 4

Frequency 22800000 Hz

Ranging Service ID 6812

Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/s

Power Level 52 dBmV

:D

Downstream  Value

Frequency 729000000 Hz 

Signal to Noise Ratio 34 dB 

QAM 256

Power Level -3 dBmV  The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading 

Upstream  Value

Channel ID 2

Frequency 37000000 Hz 

Ranging Service ID 316

Symbol Rate 3.200 Msym/s

Power Level 46 dBmV 

This is what i got after i was bored and wanted to see what you guys were talking about

Downstream Value 

Frequency 567000000 Hz

Signal To Noise Ratio 35.7 dB

Power Level 7.0 dBmV

Upstream Value

Channel ID 2

Frequency 33000000 Hz

Power 41.0 dBmV

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been having a lot of trouble with my power levels coming into my modem and actually called Optimum.  They did not know too much about these numbers other than just the acceptable range and could not help me anymore than that.  My downstream power was at 9dbmV and my download was down to 5 mbps from when it was originally above 9mbps.  I started messing around with an amplifier along with splitters (attenuators) and I got  my downstream power down to 1dbmV and my upstream power to 49 dbmV and my download jumped up over 9Mbps and my upload up to around 1mbps.  The power level for the downstream should be as close to 0dbmV as you can get it.  For me, the best download speeds came when I had between 1 and 3 dbmV.

I have the Motorolla SBV5120 modem.

Frequency 603000000 Hz 

Signal to Noise Ratio 32 dB 

QAM 256

Power Level 1 dBmV  The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading 

Upstream  Value

Channel ID 1

Frequency 25008000 Hz 

Ranging Service ID 3

Symbol Rate 3.200 Msym/s

Power Level 49 dBmV 

• CA3LE locked this topic