ATI S-Video to TV, Desktop Cutoff

Tristan9669

When enable the TV on the display properties and I view my desktop on the TV, it gets cutoff as if my desktop is too large for the tv. When I move my mouse around the corners of the tv my desktop moves and I can see the section thats cutoff. Is there some settings that I need to change so my whole desktop can fit on the tv all at once. The only way I can view my whole desktop all at once on the tv without it going off the screen is if I put my resoultion all the way to 800x600 or 1024X768 but when I go back to 1280x1024 my complete desktop doesnt show up on the tv. btw my video is ati 9000 64mb, (I know its crappy... :))

More than likely, your tv resolution is a max of 1024x768.

If your desktop resolution is set to anything higher than that, your tv display will have to scroll to display everything.

I get the same thing, :)

However, if you use extended desktop instead of cloning, you will be able to view your entire desktop on your tv in all it's glory at any resolution you choose. :)

I'm currently using ATI Tools that was installed with the latest version of ATI's Omega Drivers. It offers alot more customizations than ATI's version.

As you can see from the last 2 pics, you have to select your second display, set the resolution, and check the second box. :)

The first 2 pics are from ATI Tools.