HardDrive Show Off...

x_6985381

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they can nail you for illegal possession of copyrighted material.

Thats just it they don't know where it came from and cant prove it since i have at least 400 of the original Cd's in my closet. They have to catch you on a file sharing server either downloading or uploading copyrighted material. So where are all the originals hmmm i lost them in hurricane Katrina anything flood fire lost over ten years you have to be caught in the act. They cant arrest everyone persons who's ip they find on a p2p site thats ridiculous. But they will arrest the people who make possable for the mass public to do so. I don't own any servers or broadcast that my 

little bit of music is for mass to download because Its not i can show it to anyone if  i couldn't then  you wouldn't be allowed to tell your friend about a CD you bought or show it to anyone. Just because its on your harddrive doesnt make it illegal.

Thats just it they don't know where it came from and cant prove it since i have at least 400 of the original Cd's in my closet. They have to catch you on a file sharing server either downloading or uploading copyrighted material. So where are all the originals hmmm i lost them in hurricane Katrina anything flood fire lost over ten years you have to be caught in the act. They cant arrest everyone persons who's ip they find on a p2p site thats ridiculous.

it's absurd...i remember waaaaay back when - we used to make cassettes for each other of all the "cool" music (cause it wasn't played on the radio).  you'd go to a party where someone had a bunch of good albums, or you'd meet a DJ at an "alternative night" who'd be nice, and you'd get cassettes made from your favorite albums.

back then, bands like U2, REM, depeche mode, new order, alison moyet (yaz), front 242, sugarcubes, souxsie and the banshees, the smiths, etc etc etc et al. - you couldn't hear these on the radio in the 80's unless it was a college station.  or maybe a few alt stations like KROQ.

all of us buying (often hard to find back then) records and trading music (or stealing it as it would have been called then,  just as it is today - only the record companies weren't as greedy or as in touch back then)  and all of us going out dancing at clubs and going to concerts created today's "alternative" industry for today's record companies by promoting underground (at that time) music.

i've never purchased NOR dl'd an album/song by aerosmith, madonna, britney spears, back street boys, or whothehellisthat band with lars the mouth - see i can't even remember the band's name, and countless others. blechhh.

never have, never will. ever. 

i won't pay NOR take that tripe for free.

OTOH, i find new bands all the time online who've shared their music with free mp3's and i just HAVE to have their music, so i buy the CDs. i'm sure you've all had similar experiences.  and a lot of the time it's some indy record label or the band selling off their website.  those bands i have no qualms spending money on.  i pay eagerly the $10 or so they charge for their shows. and the $10 or so they charge for their shirts.

all i can say to the record companies today is WAAAAAH WAAAH WAAH.

and -- oh yeah, tough shite.