Nextel Phone Help

pitbull481

i've been looking for a cheap nextel phone. there is 2 phones, the i265 for $25 and the i275 for $99. i see that the i265 doesnt have the "Direct Talk - The Off-Nework Walkie-Talkie" and the i275 does have it. what does that mean?

and the plan i am looking to get is the  "National Free Incoming Plan with 300 mins"

The "Off Network" radio is referring to a built in walkie talkie that is similar to an FRS or GMRS radio.

It does not use the Nextel network to connect, it is used to connect directly to someone with another radio of the same type nearby.

That is at least what the Nextel rep explained to me a few months ago, and it makes sense to me.

Otherwise, the regular Nextel Direct Connect (via Nextel's network) 2-way is available in both.

• 1 month later...

anyone whith nextel have the Application: TELENAV (GPS, Locator, etc), if so is the GPS very accurate?

and how much you pay a month?

Hey Pitbull481,

Is Telanav a 3rd party program?

A coworker of mine uses his work Nextel phone with some PC software for his laptop that he bought for GPS navigating.

He travels with it, not paying for the GPS part at all.

I think he said it was Telenav.

This would be good, I will post back when I know for sure.

Hey Pitbull481,

Is Telanav a 3rd party program?

A coworker of mine uses his work Nextel phone with some PC software for his laptop that he bought for GPS navigating.

He travels with it, not paying for the GPS part at all.

I think he said it was Telenav.

This would be good, I will post back when I know for sure.

Telenav is built in on my nextel. its on the java application. This is what it says when i click on the Telenav "TeleNav provides funtions like GPS Car Navigation, business finder, color maps, compass, waypoints, friend finder, etc. Try it free by signing up at http://www.telenav.net or call 88.telenav.4"

I have gone to the website (www.telenav.net and www.telenav.com) to find where the free trial is at. i cant find it

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the GPS service (from telenav.com). Cost is $10/month plus you need internet for your nextel phone which is another $10/month ($20/month)

1st month is free (19 days left)

so far i like it very much. tells you how miles or feet you got to make a left or right turn. also has a compass and shows you hwo fast you are driving (mph). if you miss a turn, it will tell you what other street to turn.

i give it 8 out of 10.  i give it 8 cause i need a phone with a bigger lcd screen and better resolution. i have the i265. im gonna wait til summer to get the i605. once i get that i605 ill give it a 10 out of 10 stars :D 

i dont like flip phones.