What does your username mean?

water

• 3 months later...

Pretty much explains itself.  Anything that has to do with television news in Los Angeles. The number 4 is the channel assignment given by the FCC. With the advent of digital the number is 4.1HD.

Cool, so I know that your not actually the station, as that would be bricks mortar, and electronic equipment  :haha:  , so I take it you work for them or you own the station , your an anchor or .............

In answer to your question. Vice President of Technical Operations and I T Management. Now there's a mouthful isn't it.  I make sure everything runs properly. Some of it by remote desktop. The equipment doesn't care where the commands come from.  It makes it easier when something needs adjusting at 3:30 AM.

In answer to your question. Vice President of Technical Operations and I T Management. Now there's a mouthful isn't it.  I make sure everything runs properly. Some of it by remote desktop. The equipment doesn't care where the commands come from.  It makes it easier when something needs adjusting at 3:30 AM.

Sounds like an interesting job really .

Especially when Sony came out with the Trinitron picture tube.  I also worked on stereo sound for television.  Which is standard in every TV today. Amazing how fast technology goes today. When I started the minicam weighed 80 lbs. There was no newsvans. I picked up 16mm film on a Z-1 Motorcycle and took it to the station. Now everything is on a server or hard drive.  No more tape. By the way the minicam now weighs 23 lbs. with battery.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest jamesmusslewhite

It is my name. I am just too old, too blunt, too honest, and too straight forward to us anything else. I am the same name on every forum that I am a member. So if you run across me on another forum than you know it is me. I always stand behind my statements and members can know that I am not just a faceless entity behind an obscure keyboard and an anonymous username. 

I am just an old ex-jarhead, retired Horticulturist, and part-time computer nerd living in beautiful Surigao City in the Philippines for the last year or so. Here it is T-shirts and flip-flops year around.  My wife, son and I are having an adventure of a lifetime playing in crystal clear seas and on white powder beaches.

It is my name. I am just too old, too blunt, too honest, and too straight forward to us anything else. I am the same name on every forum that I am a member. So if you run across me on another forum than you know it is me. I always stand behind my statements and members can know that I am not just a faceless entity behind an obscure keyboard and an anonymous username. 

I am just an old ex-jarhead, retired Horticulturist, and part-time computer nerd living in beautiful Surigao City in the Philippines for the last year or so. Here it is T-shirts and flip-flops year around.  My wife, son and I are having an adventure of a lifetime playing in crystal clear seas and on white powder beaches.

Yep, thats me pretty much, except others talked me in to handles on the newer forums I member. But honestly never seen any problem using my name. Hell I even give out my address and phone number. What the heck, just let me know ahead and I'll have ice tea waiting on you.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well when I played football in HS, my number was 54 and I would often (joking around) walk into classes or anywhere my friend/teammates were and yell, "WHO AM IIII? IT'S 54 M****F****!" I said this because of a Petey Pablo song that was out where he says something similar to that. Yeah, I got in trouble a few times but oh well the football players were able to get away with more than the usual students. Well then I ended up picking it as my AIM handle, then email address and so on. It has stuck with me every since.

• 5 months later...