What does your username mean?

water

OK, I get really curious. I mean really curious, and since my sense of humor is a little.... well, ok .. a lot... weird, I comeup with some totally weird and sick references....

So, please ... help me with my issues and tell me what your username means. I seriously doubt that coknuck means Cocknut or CokeNut. But in my twisted reality ...well, you see what I mean...

Mine? Water is a shorter version of waterbearer. My birthday is Jan 23rd, and I'm an Aquarius. Since I had no clue what to use as a nick online, I used waterbearer the very first time I was on IRC or in a forum. I liked it, it stuck with me, and everyone shortened it to water.  Since I'm more or less a Taoist it seemed to fit with one of my favorite quotes: "The highest goodness is like water. Water benefits all things and does not compete. It stays in the lowly places which others despise. Therefore it is near The Eternal." ~tao te ching... I can relate to the nick, and I would hate to have to lose it or change it, because in some ways it has become me, or I have become it, or something along those lines.

Eventually, I changed it to water and when we started the Radio Station we added call letters RTBH for Radio That Bites Hard, and we all tagged them onto the end of our nicks.

That's it. Now it's your turn.

ROM-DOS ~ Really Old Memory-Defective Operating System

It's really my play on Richard Alpert's spiritual name (Ram Dass), who while at Harvard in the early 60's, began explorations into the human consciousness, in collaboration with Timothy Leary, Ralph Metzner, Aldous Huxley, Allen Ginsberg, and others, to pursue intensive research with psilocybin, LSD-25, and other psychedelic chemicals.

[just like me, only my reseach began in the 70's]

But, techically ~  ROM-DOS is responsible for such activities as disk access and memory allocation; ~ bypassing ROM-DOS and communicating directly to the hardware is like sky diving without a second chute. You can do it, but if something goes wrong, you are in for a world of trouble.

http://datalight.com/products/romdos/howitworks.php

he. honestly, it means nothing. it is the name a comic book character gave to an ironically mentioned boogyman type figure, i've only seen it mentioned, ever, in one panel.

even googling or yahooing it returns only hits from here.

i simply chose it because two other names i tried were taken, and i felt pretty sure this would be free.

he. honestly, it means nothing. it is the name a comic book character gave to an ironically mentioned boogyman type figure, i've only seen it mentioned, ever, in one panel.

even googling or yahooing it returns only hits from here.

i simply chose it because two other names i tried were taken, and i felt pretty sure this would be free.

You could have always chose "Already In Use"

did two tours in vietnam from 1965 to 1967, navy, on a destroyer (uss rupertus dd851, and uss ozbourn dd846), and two different times we had to make runs up the saigon river and provide gun support for some army boys who got in to some trouble, and while going up the river we took enemy fire, and me and my buddy would call out to each other, "River war" and it just stuck.

coknuck is a combination of two words Cone & Knucklehead = Coknuck. I built a motor in 1986 and got the name from the combination of the two motors.

*wipes her forehead*

Thanks! I needed that !

Cholla is a species of cactus that grows in my area & a lot of the southwest .Kind of full of thorns like me.Partly took it from a character in an old western movie tittled "Branded" they actually pronounced ot correctly Choy Ya.

In Spanish it means joint or jointed,segment.On old Spanish it is supposed to mean Top of Head.

BTW coknuck like the way you came up with yours.I almost bought an old Harley the the color of yours when I was a teenager .It was a 1958 model I think it had the leather saddle bags.I couldn't get the guy to bargain down from $900 to $750. which is all I could come up with at the time.Wish I had it now probably could get $10000. or more for it.I opted for a 1970 BSA 650 instead Bought it for $500.

I got my nickname from my Mother of all people I once got arrested in my front yard on a bicycle I had ridden from like Kmart or someplace when I was 12 I had actually bought the bicycle but the store security guard said that I had not since I could not produce the recipt I was arrested for shoplifting hauled off to juvey where I spent the night until they looked through my backpack and found the recipt during the booking process you were given a number mine was 7179907 so my mom kept calling me Inmate7179907 and it stuck when it came time for my first screen name i naturally chose something I could remember I just shortened it because it don't like typing that much

Well now, how do I put this?

Organ_Shifter evolved as a username directly from my shifting of organs.

I tend to move a few things around when I'm puttin' in work.  :D

Organ_Shifter = A person who temporarily disables the normal, functional movements of any woman, from the waist down, by implementing pure pleasure through a thrusting motion.  :haha:

{Satyriasis} LMAO!

*bans her son from this thread*

:icon_pale:

he's.. never going to be the same.....

I comeup with some totally weird and sick references....

I seriously doubt that coknuck means Cocknut or CokeNut. But in my twisted reality ...well, you see what I mean...

If that's the case, he probably shouldn't have been reading since the beginning if he's not old enough.

Everyone has a different meaning to their screen name.

Some are normal. Some are of a 'totally weird and sick reference' (as you put it).

So, please ... help me with my issues and tell me what your username means.

You did ask right?