Fail Handle

jmackc

The usual stuff first: No viri, spyware, or other malware (aka ran antivirus or spyware killers yet)?

No virus, no spyware, no malware, have  not able to find out what the h--- a "fail handle" is in MS Knowledge base or anywhere else.  File handle yes, Fail handle no.  Surely someone knows ..................

Do you have any icons in the Control Panel which are not default? A quick google for Fail handle didn't get me any relevant links either.

All icons are default.  Other than updates, nothing has been added to my computer for quite some time.  tks

Then I'm officially puzzled. This sounds like one of those problems where only a format helps, and you never figure out why Windows is as buggy as it is.

For your education .......... I still don't know what a fail handle is but found what caused it.  A few days earlier, I had to restore my computer to an earlier date and in doing so all Windows system files  were duplicated. Not only Control Panel but Sys and Sys32, a total of 1,737 duplicates.  What a pain, but I used AcuteFinder which allowes you to establish parameters so that helped. Now I need to find out how to eleminate this duplication if a future restore is necessary.  Thanks for your comments .........